HybridZ

The build of a 240Z by 310z

Gorgeous. Why did you switch to the other airdam though? In older pictures, you have a CF BRE airdam.

I had both front ends painted originally and wanted to use the BRE. The other one is a back up incase the BRE got torn off or something. Then I purchased the BBS Wheels and they came with a set of new 225-50-16. The tires when turning came aproximatly 0.030 in. from rubbing the lower front valence. So, I had the other front end and just put it on. Some day I may trim the lower front valence and re paint it then reinstall it. I do like the BRE.

Question. What Recaro seats are those? I was planning on buying a pair that look very similar to those but the guy sold em to someone else. Just curious, perhaps I can find another pair somewhere. I love the size of the side bolsters.

BTW, great looking car. I love how the carbon bumpers look on that thing. And the wheels.....drooooool

I bet you have some crazy sounds coming out of that car too. This gives me hope with regards to my Z project.

Question. What Recaro seats are those? I was planning on buying a pair that look very similar to those but the guy sold em to someone else. Just curious, perhaps I can find another pair somewhere. I love the size of the side bolsters.

BTW, great looking car. I love how the carbon bumpers look on that thing. And the wheels.....drooooool

I bet you have some crazy sounds coming out of that car too. This gives me hope with regards to my Z project.

They are Recaro XL they came as an option in BMW M3 and some other cars. There is one model higher that has an adjustable shoulder support. They are hard to find and can look really ugly prior to refinishing. Make sure the seats are complete, ugly can be fixed and BMW dealers can order parts. Yes these seats are comfortable and supportive. I have driven for hours in the mountains, Navada boarder to the Pacific Ocean and I do not want to get out of them.

The stereo does make amazingly clear and loud sounds 1900 watts, I am partial to classic rock. But the sounds that I cant get enough of is the sound of the motor, there is a resinator prior to the Borla muffler. The motor can almost dround out the stereo while in the drivers seat and the two togather will flat out hurt your head.

Very clean restoration. Where are you located and where did you get your bead blast done? I am in southern california. Maybe you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks for the complament. I am in Far North Eastern California, Susanville.

The media blasting was done in Sacramento CA. at American Stripping. You want to look for a shop with a good reputation that body shop/restoration shops recomend. One of the best things about a Z is their light weight which is acheived through using thin gage metal. The thin gage metal is easy to warp if a blaster is not careful.

Know who is going to paint the car prior to blasting. The blaster will want to primer the car when done. The painter may not want someone else putting primer on the car he is painting and the painter may not be willing to warranty the job.

You need to be able to rapidly transfer the car once the metal is bare to the body shop/painter. Everything needs to be cordinated.

Great car! BTW, what's the story behind those sweet carbon fiber kick panels?

I'm from Oroville and always seem to find my way up the Feather River Canyon and on over to Lake Almanor. I love the whole Susanville area!

The kick pannels are covered in a carbon weave vinyl as is the rest of the interior. However the speaker cones in the kick pannels and the 6x9 are carbon fiber. The stereo install was done by Keith at CustomWorks.com He is located in Chico on the west side of town on HWY-32 behind Pettersen Motorsports. The rest of the car was built by Steve at Pettersen Motorworks.

I grew up and have spent 30 yr. in the Lake Almanor area. The roads were built for a Z, except in winter.

17669_thumb.attach

17670_thumb.attach

17671_thumb.attach

Very very very very clean! Can't wait 'til I can afford to rebuild mine from bare metal.

Being picky, and knowing what you want can be expensive. Searching for parts for years is fun, especally as you find that special part that is rare and it will set your car apart from the others. Time also helps spread out the payments as you go from acquiring parts to the build phase. There are certain aspects that you have to have the money prior to starting. Like when the metal is bare. The car needs to go directly to the body and paint guy. I had well over $10,000 and possibly near $15,000 between the media blaster and the body and paint shops just to give you some dollar figures to keep in mind. Then the project can slow down and sections can be completed as money allows.

PS. DO NOT let your wife know how much you are spinding. Trust me on this. Spreading those payments out can make sure you get to enjoy the ride.