HybridZ

Radiator Mount

johnc

Here are a couple shots of the custom radiator mount that Bill Savage fabbed. The radiator itself is a C&R two pass aluminum with a big heat exchanger.

10748986.jpg

10748983.jpg

The upper mount is a little overkill and shows Bill's experience building Nissan's off-road race trucks. The lower radiator mount was made strong on purpose.

John, this guy's incredible. 2thumbs.gifrockon.gif I'm sure all this work (the strut tower mounts, and this rad stuff) isn't cheap!

I see you've designed this to be stiffening up (triangulating) the frame rails to the rad support. It seems I remember you mentioning that this was a "flexible" part of the car and that fixing that really helps the front end geometry stay put.

It helps the front end geometry and the core support but it really helps the anti-roll bar mounts. There are two tubes that pass completely through the frame rail and they are welded on each side.

Its also the foundation for some aero stuff we're planning next year. Watch for a CF splitter with front wheel tunnels, vortex generators, dive planes, and brake ducting.

Guest Anonymous

Love the punched holes for lightening/strengthening, obviously the guy is good, and a race fabricator, those little touches tell the story.

Regards,

Lone

• 8 months later...