HybridZ

Turbo Round 2

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Okay folks, its been a long time since an Update! Its been a love / hate relationship with my Mega squirt. Finally some new firmware is now available and it actually lets you pick "LS1" as a crank trigger. Loaded her up and took it out for a spin. FINALLY the car pulls to red line with out any lost sync. issues! Runs exactly like I've been wanting it to. So as of now, I am running 10 psi, 8* of timing, and a 10:1 AFR. I am currently using the Chinese GT45 that you can get off of Ebay for 330$ shipped. I also swapped the cam to a Stock C5 Zo6 cam. Exhaust is 3" large for about 4 feet before it meets with my old X pipe then goes dual 3" out the back. Back when the car was N/A, I could make the car hook in 2nd gear. NOW, 4th gear is iffy ;) Drag strip this Friday, here I come!

I'll be able to tell you after looking at some logs tomorrow night at the track. I'm going to guess somewhere roughly 15 - 20* warmer then ambient temp.

If that's really it, then your intercooler is doing a great job especially for a air to air unit using a turbo that is on the smaller side for 5.7 litre V8.

Sounds like a great combo to me.

Looking back at my logs from the last time I was at the track. my intake temp while I'm waiting in line is up to 111*, once I take off it goes up to 113* then by the end of the track its hovering around 118* If there was a way to keep the intercooler cold before I started racing, then maybe it would only go up just a little bit above ambient. Seems like the intercooler is just heat soaking while I'm in line waiting to race. while cruising around on a cold night, I've seen the intake temps as low as 55*.

Looking back at my logs from the last time I was at the track. my intake temp while I'm waiting in line is up to 111*, once I take off it goes up to 113* then by the end of the track its hovering around 118* If there was a way to keep the intercooler cold before I started racing, then maybe it would only go up just a little bit above ambient. Seems like the intercooler is just heat soaking while I'm in line waiting to race. while cruising around on a cold night, I've seen the intake temps as low as 55*.

Aside from spraying anything on the intercooler, I wonder if you put some pusher fans on if that would be adequate enough to keep it at ambient? Just make up a bracket so you would be able to take them off and on easily as it would just be needed for when at the track. I don't know if it has been done or if it would work but it is just an idea I thought of while reading your post.

Aside from spraying anything on the intercooler, I wonder if you put some pusher fans on if that would be adequate enough to keep it at ambient? Just make up a bracket so you would be able to take them off and on easily as it would just be needed for when at the track. I don't know if it has been done or if it would work but it is just an idea I thought of while reading your post.

Possibly, my IAT's seem to be pretty normal for what they are so I'm not too worried about it. We'll see what happens tomorrow.