HybridZ

Injector blower motor timer

HowlerMonkey

I need one for my M30 with L28et and am having a hard time finding it on the 1985 300zx I have chosen to source it from at the junkyard.

Any ideas before I just wade in, remove all the interior panels, and start searching?

I'm sure it's near either side kick panel and either above said panels or sunk into the "A pillar" behind other components but it is just too hot here to spend time doing an extended search by unbolting tons of most likely rusted bolts/screws.

Never mind......I found it in the FSM.

Strangely, text search did not find it in acrobat reader.

For the record, it is located in the "B pillar" on the driver's side.......unless the drawing is reversed.

Of course, this is the area that gets wet (do you have wet seatbelts?) when the rear side windows become unbonded to the body so...

If you wonder why it didn't come in 1987 and later nissans, it is because they went to dual feed injector scheme where the fuel return system allows fuel to flow in one feed and out the other to cool the injectors after a hot soak.

Nissan figured out the fuel system modification was far less expensive than the supplemental motor/timer/wiring system and the extra burden on batteries that running a blower 15 minutes after most every run cycle in warm weather causes.

If you wonder why it didn't come in 1987 and later nissans...

I thought the 86s came with the 'top and side' feed injectors as well?

I could be wrong though, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Just like the 74 Zs, the 86 300ZX was a bastard year from what I've read.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been using one from a Z31 but had trouble with it because the Z31 manual just copies the section from the 280zx manual.......which was not correct even in the 280zx manual.

I used the schematic supplied in the 280zx manual and followed the board traces through the components to determine the correct pin out and now it works.

Luckily, the manual being wrong caused no smoke when connecting it that way........It just did nothing.

It works correctly with the wiring on the right side of the diagram.

The Z31 cooling fan on the non-turbo itself is the same as the one on the 280zx but uses different brackets and ducting.

Not sure if the turbo one is the same since the non-turbo one I used sits where the alternator usually is on the turbo version.

fantimer.jpg