HybridZ

Shortblock and T5 installed ?

Is there any huge disadvantage if I were to install my 350 shortblock , and then install the upper half of the engine after I get my heads and intake?

I have the short block bolted to the T5 and would like to sit it in and install the transmission mount. Would be nice to get it off the garage floor.

Just more difficult to work with. Heaving those heads over the fenders is always kinda scary to me too, you'll see what i mean.

Its just harder to reach everything when the motors in the engine bay, but ive done enough head gasket swaps with the motor in the car, its for sure doable

• 2 weeks later...

Even if you don't have the intake yet, install the distributor (after the block/tranny have been lowered into the car) into the hole in the block to make sure you have distributor clearance to the firewall before you drill the holes to mount the transmission crossmember to the car.

Yeah I thought about that. I think I may have to wait until I get block huggers as well to make sure I position away from the steering shaft before I drill.

Just finished welding in Bad Dog frame rails yesterday and sealed them today. I will wait a couple days and then prime and undercoat. At least I feel as though I am making some progress.

• 2 months later...

I dk, at our shop we do lots of head gaskets and we leave the shortblock in the car. the v8's arent too bad actually as long as you have someone to help you drop it back it in and take it off. To be honest most v6 engines are harder than the v8's imo.

but it is true it is easier with the engine out especially if the engine is already out. GL

Yeah I posted that a while back. Since then I have bolted on a pair of edelbrock heads and finished the engine and have it installed in the car. Just got my Sanderson headers and driveshaft flange today, and got my billet companion flanges and front and rear brake parts on Monday.

Will Get pics posted on Monday when I get back to the ATL. Hanging out in the Big Easy for New Year's Day/weekend.

Got a chance to mount the JTR crossmember (using 1/4" steel plates 6x6 inside the car on Wednesday, and while I was in the middle of that UPS showed up with my Fat Mat, (Not Fat Matt's for those in Atlanta) so I have plenty to keep me busy when I get back to ATL.