HybridZ

Dash Light Problem?

Xandaril

Hey, The light that goes the the engine check when you turn on the car has been staying red for me. I have tried looking this up everywhere and I cant find out why it might be doing this. If anybody knows what my problem is I would greatly appreciate it.

Edit: Forgot to say, it's a 83 280zx.

Here is a picture of what I am talking about:

PA051558.jpg?t=1255278828

PA051556.jpg?t=1255278855

Thanks for the help.

push in the check button next to it. A symbol will come on which will point to why it is red. couple things it could be are: low coolant, low window washer fluid, lights. If you can get an owners manual it will tell you what they are. My 83 is not here so I can't send you a picture of that page.

Wow, I feel really stupid now... This has been annoying me for like the last 2 months and it was something so simple. I figured out that it was pointing to low windshield washer fluid. Turns out that my sensor broke :(

Its okay... I just spent a year and I only just yesterday got it to say all OK for the first time. I didn't have washer fluid and It seems like I had to put coolant into an extra reservoir which seemed stupid, but I just wanted to try to get the red light to go away finally.

Its okay... I just spent a year and I only just yesterday got it to say all OK for the first time. I didn't have washer fluid and It seems like I had to put coolant into an extra reservoir which seemed stupid, but I just wanted to try to get the red light to go away finally.

Oh boy.....