HybridZ

300zx digital dash in 280zx

Xandaril

I was at a salvage yard yesterday and saw an amazing 300zx. The interior was still intact and most of the engine seemed good but what really caught my eye was the digital dash that it had. I haven't seen one of them before and started wondering if it is possible to put it into my 280zx. Is it possible and if so what modifications would have to be made to do this.

Picture of dash:

235990262_5ead785bfb.jpg?v=0

you know 280zx's had digital dash's too right? (also the 87-89 digi dash's look the best IMHO)

Ok, but still would that 300zx dash fit in the 280zx? Also would I have to make any modifications to put one in or will it still take all the same wiring that I have for my original dash?

Most certainly not the original wiring. Measure and/or make a template to determine physical fit. Get the FSMs, read through and trace out the wiring diagrams for the stock dash, the dash from the car you're looking at using, and check out the section for the digital dash in the 83's FSM. Don't forget to check sensor ranges (temp, oil pressure, fuel, etc) and the sensor for the speedometer too. I'm with hoov too, I like the 87-89 digital dash better. I have one in my 88 and it's pretty darn awesome.

-Eric