HybridZ

Shipping Doors....Need Help

Midnight-280Z

Okay here is my situation, I'm thinking of buying some doors from the east coast. The problem is I live on the west coast so these doors need to be shipped to me. Unfortunately, I don't know jack squat about shipping these doors. The seller has limited knowledge about shipping something this big. We need some guidance on going about doing so and I decided to turn to HybridZ because I'm sure someone here has done this before or something similar. How would we go about getting the doors ship? How would you package them? Which company is the best to use and the most affordable? Any information would be deeply appreciated or additional tips and guidance.

So far, we have been thinking Greyhound. Each door will need to be package individually but this might work out best for us.

I thank you ahead for all the help that you will be giving me.

I'll second the bus route. You need to take the doors apart though because I almost guarrrrenty the glass will break.

Also remove the brite work from the doors (window channels) and box them up seperately along with the hardware etc.

So it will be 4 boxes. 2 boxes with doors (use heavy cardboard), 1 box with glass, bubble wrap and cardboard, 1 box with window channels. You may have an additional box with the regulators too if they "flop" around inside the doors.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Thank you Dsommer, I was most worried about the glass since its new along with everything else. I have no problem breaking down the door and wrapping everything by its self. In op and I p/m's I suggested that I foam wrap/bubble wrap/shrink wrap everything as well as have thick cardboard for the base and around the doors, so breaking them down into safer smaller boxes would help much.