HybridZ

My first Z!

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHEEL POLISHING IS A BITCH!

I don't think they have seen more than soap and water in 35 years :(

One kinda done after a couple hours (no joke!) lots of imperfections but my hands hurt. This is hard work!

wheels2.jpg

BEFORE

wheels3.jpg

wheels4.jpg

wheels6.jpg

been cleaning up inside a bit... lots more will be done in here later

wheels7.jpg

whats going on in your garage?

wheels5.jpg

Originally Posted by stackz viewpost.gif

120lb in bumpers?? serious??

and omfg now that you've got bandwidth...please for the love of all thats holy get rid of those wheels...

hell, sure the tires are nice...but sell them on craigslist or something.

my eyes!!!

Yeah I was amazed how heavy that ♥♥♥♥ is! But, I was even more amazed in how much you can feel the weight lost!

There is a noticeable improvement in braking and acceleration as you would expect, it was a little more than I expected actually.

The real improvement was the steering and suspension feel! Even with the shot to ♥♥♥♥ suspension and tie rod ends (new parts in the mail!) the difference is massive!

I suspect it's due to the placement of weight - the farthest point from the center of inertia. Simple physics really.

Originally Posted by stackz viewpost.gif

120lb in bumpers?? serious??

and omfg now that you've got bandwidth...please for the love of all thats holy get rid of those wheels...

hell, sure the tires are nice...but sell them on craigslist or something.

my eyes!!!

Yeah I was amazed how heavy that ♥♥♥♥ is! But, I was even more amazed in how much you can feel the weight lost!

There is a noticeable improvement in braking and acceleration as you would expect, it was a little more than I expected actually.

The real improvement was the steering and suspension feel! Even with the shot to ♥♥♥♥ suspension and tie rod ends (new parts in the mail!) the difference is massive!

I suspect it's due to the placement of weight - the farthest point from the center of inertia. Simple physics really.

Dont listen to those honda tech fanboy ricers. Let me guess they want you to put rotas on it rust the hood and put a picnic blanket on the front air dam. I like the rims but what doI know

Drove the car about 250 miles today with the new suspension and tie rod ends.

WOW, it's a completely different car. It still has the "old" feeling you could say, but the steering response is smooth. Handling is light years ahead of the blown stock parts.

Still needs some work to be really great, but I'm very happy with the results. The car is enjoyable to drive around town, and on the highway.

The suspension felt mostly smooth and not to rough - save for some crappy San Francisco Roads and some bad parts of the freeway.

Ride high has evenly dropped about 1.2 inches all around. Looks great but still easily covers speed bumps and steep driveways.

I averaged 25 mpg over the trip. Mostly freeway cruising about 70-85 mph, avg 75 or so with the 4 speed. This included some spirited back road driving, SF traffic and hills, some full throttle/high rpms. I would guess purely cruising at 65 it would do 28mpg, maybe better with a 5th gear (lol).

Around town the mpg is poor however... probably because I keep winding it out in the lower gears!

Pics tomorrow! it was a long day :)