HybridZ

R200 Bearing Needed

johnc

I'm starting this thread to find a source for a bearing in the long nose R200 that's NLA here in the USA. I don't need one right now but at some point this is going to be a problem for all of us. The Nissan part number is: 38335-M3220 and the part number on the bearing is: 83601-ASH.

If someone has a source, please post it here. Also, if a better bearing number can be referenced, please post it here. I was able to find on of these bearings by the bearing number listed above, but its in Sydney. You folks in OZ have the last new one that I know of.

A similar bearing for the R190 has been NLA for some time and, unfortunately, those units that need the bearing are being scrapped or other units are being scavenged to get replacements.

We have discussed this issue before John and here was my response:

The R200 input bearing (Nissan PN 38335-N3100 or 38335-N3220) is a Koyo type 83601A. It is a single row deep groove ball bearing with dimensions of OD = 73mm, ID = 28mm and a length of 16mm. I talked to a Koyo engineer about this bearing a few years ago and he informed me that this bearing was specifically made just for Nissan.

My suggestion would to use another bearing and have a collar machined for it so the combination could be used in place of the 38335-N3100 bearing. An SKF type 62/28 bearing has the dimensions of OD = 58mm, ID = 28mm and a length of 16mm. So you would require a collar with an OD of 73mm and an ID of 58mm and alength of 16mm. The collar could be press fitted to the 62/28 bearing or secured with set screws.

From that other thread looks like you could still get part number 38335-N3220 a year ago.

I ordered a 38335-N3220 in May 2009 and got it from my local Nissan dealer.

John, are you ordering the correct number? It's 38335-N3220 and not 38335-M3220. I thought the "M" in your number was just a typo.

Contact Todd Wagner at Tidewater Z Auto Service (757-868-6753). I believe he has the only ones (4 or 5) available in the US at this time. I just had a R200 built for my 240Z and it took quite a while to acquire the bearings. We were first sent an incorrect bearing in the properly marked box. This is a unique bearing as stated. I haven't researched for a comparable bearing to fit using shims or whatever. I'd be very reluctant to use anything other than a deep groove bearing. Nissan engineers did this for a purpose.

...I haven't researched for a comparable bearing to fit using shims or whatever. I'd be very reluctant to use anything other than a deep groove bearing. Nissan engineers did this for a purpose.

The 62/28 bearing I mentioned in post 4 is a deep grove bearing.

NissanParts.cc still prices up the part so that usually means it is still available from Nissan - usually.

I was the one who found the 38335-N3220 partnumber after spending a few hours looking over the Nissan parts catalogues I have. That partnumber is used on the YS31 Nissan Cedric/Gloria from Aug-92 up to Aug-99. I am surprised all the stock has been used up already - given the old S30 partnumber was available for almost 30 years I would have thought the SY31 partnumber should have some stock left after just 10 years.

• 1 year later...

Bringing back an old thread but for good reason. I called TidewaterZ and they still had 3 bearings left (38335). If anyone is in need, you better jump on it ASAP. I just ordered one and they are great to deal with....

Edited by abes

Bringing back an old thread but for good reason. I called TidewaterZ and they still had 3 bearings left (38335). If anyone is in need, you better jump on it ASAP. I just ordered one and they are great to deal with....

How much did that run you? I'm about to order all new R200 bearings shortly. Price from Courtesy is $47.16 http://www.courtesyparts.com/bearing-ba-p-351815.html

• 9 years later...