I put on my Lonewolf intake, and 90mm TB

big-phil

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just bought a 38mm tial wastegate, and I was thinking/researching of ways and places to mount. The easiest sure enough being the t3 to t3 turbo/wG adaptor and the reviews I heard werent that good enough to convince me to go that route. I agree with you phil that your location is not adequate. However I wouldnt get to hasty and change your whole wastegate setup. With out exhausting the other ideas of isolating/shortning lines. Clearly its not the boost controller its the waste gate location or vac source, cause your creeping even with ebc unhooked. Which should default to the spring in waste-gate unfortunatly its not doing that so = bad wastegate (you tested with air regulator so that not it so leaves you with either bad vac source or bad location for wastegate actuation. Goodluck

I did that, no holes, it looks perfect.

When did you do that? Maybe the diaphragm wasn't torn before, like when it would hold 9 psi to redline, but is now torn, or at least not sealed somehow, now that it can't hold 15 psi.

Is it possible that the 15 lb spring is incorrect? As in it binds somewhere?

Wastegate location is obviously fine if it could hold a low 9 psi.

Buuuut, did I hear some doubt as to whether it really did hold 9 psi a couple of posts back?

Can you try it again with your 9 lb spring?

Let's weed out the bad or obsolete symptoms so we can move foreward. If it can't hold 9 psi, then that was a red herring and it led us astray.

I took a TIAL WG apart before to Jet Hot 2000 the hot side of it and I accidentally pinched a part of the diaphragm between the two halves. It would partially hold boost, but would creep inconsistently. I also vote to take it apart and carefully inspect the diaphragm for any creases or pinches that should not be there.

On the WG, the EBC hooks to the lower port and the upper is left open to atmo.

On the WG, the EBC hooks to the lower port and the upper is left open to atmo.

It doesn't have to. You can plumb it the way Big-Phil has it. You send boost to the top of the WG to keep it closed, and let it vent to open it. And the lower port is always fed a boost signal.

• 1 year later...

I have a 3liter forged motor, rebelo head that is gasket matched, I believe to have bigger valves and a huge race cam. . . and I believe that my stock intake runners are way too small for my engine to breath properly. Im lookin at my intake maninfold options. My friend suggested the lone wolf intake manifold. . . how much do they run? I know the engine is capable of producing much more power than it is because I drove the car that the engine was in befor I got it. . The engine had tripple 43mm webbers on it And it was way faster. Does anyone have any ideas to give?? I do not want to deal with tripples at all. The engine is now mega squirted with a stock intake, and stock turbo injectors (270cc I think) that have yet to be maxed out, Please give me some options,

• 4 months later...

Telling people that they need to get their head ported or they will feel no diff in a bigger mani is what we use to tell peeps in the machine shop for buisness. To tell you the truth porting the head dosent make much diff at all unless you have mountains of slag in there blocking the ports. If you buy a bigger intake then buy a bigger cam and thats where the increase in air/fuel volume will come from. Not expensive head porting.