HybridZ

rb25 280z new best.......9.69 @ 144mph

J Taylor

Watching the one video of you and teh S14 side by side is a testimate to auto vs stick. You pulled up even with him because he had to shift.

Beef that rearend up! launch on the transbrake with full boost and your in there. 1 tenth on the 60 foot usually = 2 tenths in the 1/4 mile.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved the videos, gets my blood boiling..... You should be running a low 9 with that mph, man I bet the turbo is pulling strong on the other end with that mph.

Hopefully we can get our z back together in time for dni on the 14th, my brother Jerry will not be able to make it but I will try. It just want be the same without him. We will see where we are after this weekend.

And again congrats on the nice numbers......

John

Thanks man. I'm hoping to make it to DNI but not sure if it's going to be in the cards or not yet.

Keep in mind these passes were on a 235-60-15 ET Street drag radial.....not the ET Streets. I think I can get it to go a little quicker but I'm going to be limited by the tires. I guess I'll have to step up to some big boy tires at some point. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

WOW J Taylor you made me become a member of this site ! HA ! HA ! that car is a flipping rocket !

now i watched a video on youtube with what i believe was your car racing a twinn turbo Viper and you smoked him ! if that was your car ,the z in the video looked identical to yours so i am assuming it was yours , i showed some friends and they were just saying " no way man ! "

I have a 76 280z that i bought from a older lady that bought it new in 1976 , she kept it in the garage the whole time , it had just over 60,000 miles on it all original condition , i painted the car ppg black /clear coated ,changed the 4 speed to a 83 turbo 5 speed , recaro seats , roll bar , sway bars, kyb gas struts, wheels tires , back in 1994 when i bought it, the car only gets driven a couple times a year, it sits under a cover stored in my shop

I was thinking of selling the car and buying a vette ! { my bad ! } after watching these videos of J's car, i think i will do one of these builds ,that

car blows my fricken mind ! i must build mine close to that , all the stuff you are posting J is great info thanks for doing so , i will need all the help i can get to do this build for sure , i have built some drag race cars in the past blown 427 in a 68 firebird , caged tubed ,pro gas /pro street car back in the early 80s stupid fast for back then .

i am new to this forum here is some of my back ground and current racing .

I race jet ski's in the pro class and have one of the fastest standup jet ski's in the world SXR 800 GP race ski with a seadoo 951 that has just been stroked to around 1200 cc ,200 plus hp , i have raced these jet ski's from back in the 80s till now with many pro national titles , water rocket ! , i have to train like crazy just to hold on to it 0-50mph just over 2 seconds !and up to 70 after that , a few pics [ i just figured i would show you guys what i am about since i am new to this place ] a few pics of the beast candy coated sxr1200 cc GP race ski just before i put the race #s on the ski also a youtube of break in day

100_2252_thumb.jpg

100_2255_thumb.jpg

009_thumb.jpg