HybridZ

Everlast Plasma

zmech

Anyone here have experience with this? I am looking at the 60 amp one from Everlast and the specs are very comparable to the ThermalDynamics Cutmaster 52. Plus the Everlast has a 5 year warrenty with alot less cash out.

Let the Chinese blasting begin. I know it will happen.

Anyone here have experience with this? I am looking at the 60 amp one from Everlast and the specs are very comparable to the ThermalDynamics Cutmaster 52. Plus the Everlast has a 5 year warrenty with alot less cash out.

Let the Chinese blasting begin. I know it will happen.

I have experience with the Everlast 50 Plasma. I have also have experience with a Miller 50amp. They both cut well. The price difference is the big difference (Miller+ $$$$). Most people say the chinese won't hold up to extensive use. I must have gotten a good unit because I have literally cut 5 miles of metal. The duty cycle is about the same on both units I use I have actually cut up to 1/2" steel with the 50 amp chinese model but you have to use it in short runs when maxing out the amperage. One very important thing to remember is to always use some sort of air dryer or water trap on the unit. Moist air makes a very messy cut, and the metal has to be very clean no rust. In conclusion by the chinese model if you aren't cutting thick metal that often. If your cutting sheet metal to 3/16" you will be cutting like a hot knife through butter.