HybridZ

K r180 stub/circlip removal

silver280zx

So ive been looking all over hybridz and the internet, and i keep seeing threads on how to convert the k r180 to run bolt in stubs, but it seems like all of them are skipping a step. Removing the axles from the differential and carrier itself. I happened to pick one up at a local pull a part, and i had to take the diff with the axles in it. Im not sure if theres something i have to do, or if everything is just being tough to get out. Does anyone know anyhting about this? Thanks guys

-Tyler-

Ok guys sorry for being a bit nieve, but i went back fro a second time prying tonight, and finally got the shafts out, so no worries, i was just overthinking the entire process. I think they were so difficult because i took everything out and found that the internals looked almost brand new. No wear on the gears at all. the seals looked new, the bearings were smooth. However it never hurts to rebuild while its apart.

And to answer your question, a K r180 is an r180 diff out of a 200sx, it has a huge K stamp on top of the case. The case has the same dementions as the regular r180, its just a good, identifiable abbreviation for 200sx r180. It also has cv axles with a clip on the end, instead of a bolt-in stub axle and U joints like the r180's pulled out of Z's. The main reason i have it, is that its a 4.11 gear. That will be replacing my old 3.36, in my 79 s130, with my current 83 tranny.