HybridZ

240z has arrived :)

It has finally arrived, 3 days and 6 hours late, but its still here :)

This upcoming weekend will be devoted to cleaning up the interior, the engine bay and assessing future plans, anyone tri-state is invited to swing through, i live in paramus, nj, PM me if your bored (sorry Clive, i know your going to FL, actually, eff that, Florida is awesome)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice car to start with. Just patch any holes or weak areas you find in the floors. Quench any surface rust with chemical or coating treatments, and make sure the frame rails and suspension points are SOLID. After that, put it together, de-bug it, align it, and have fun driving/tracking it. If rust begins to come through the paint or bodywork in a few years, worry about it then. As long as it's structurally sound, you will have a good time with it. Keep it as dry as you can, by using it in nice weather and keep it garaged. That will go a LOOONG way in preserving it until you are ready for a full resto.

Yea im stripping the interior and motor bay and underbody of the car in the nxt few weeks and re-coating everything with the proper chemicals. The car isnt staying blue after this season tho, gonna sand all that maco paint off and take care of any surface rust before it starts, prob going to go flat black to be honest

Nice car to start with. Just patch any holes or weak areas you find in the floors. Quench any surface rust with chemical or coating treatments, and make sure the frame rails and suspension points are SOLID. After that, put it together, de-bug it, align it, and have fun driving/tracking it. If rust begins to come through the paint or bodywork in a few years, worry about it then. As long as it's structurally sound, you will have a good time with it. Keep it as dry as you can, by using it in nice weather and keep it garaged. That will go a LOOONG way in preserving it until you are ready for a full resto.

if it was me id go back to that original racing green...its my favorite factory color....

good looking project...should be fun...

on a side note...are you gonna pull out that 260z,280z interior out of that thing cause it looks out of place...and i have 240z wood steering wheel and 240z black door panels if your interested

Girlfriend is buying me a wheel from the Z store for christmas, and how can you tell about the interior, theirs barely anything there! haha, and im not sure what im doing, i will let you know, filling the interior is 2nd to filling up the motor bay :mrgreen:

if it was me id go back to that original racing green...its my favorite factory color....

good looking project...should be fun...

on a side note...are you gonna pull out that 260z,280z interior out of that thing cause it looks out of place...and i have 240z wood steering wheel and 240z black door panels if your interested

Door panel shows that it has a 260/280 panel.

Before everyone goes crazy about rust and stuff. Like Dave said, be sure to check that the car is SAFE. I will not be around for two weeks but if Jeff comes by you to look it over I am sure he can help you out by looking at the known rust areas. You just don't want to start throwing money at a car that has major rust. So after you confirm rust is just in the floors, you can come up with your plan on motor swap and flat black paint job. If you are still talking about going LSx then I would swap the motor in and get it all running and working first. Once you are happy with the way she drives and running...pull it all out and do your paint.

This is the way I went with my 73 --> 71 swap.

Girlfriend is buying me a wheel from the Z store for christmas, and how can you tell about the interior, theirs barely anything there! haha, and im not sure what im doing, i will let you know, filling the interior is 2nd to filling up the motor bay :mrgreen:

ive been messing with z cars to long...but the steering wheel should be a wood composite wheel...not the leather covered which came in 260z,280z and the same with the door panels passanger side has fake wood trim piece and a one piece arm rest...original 240z door panels had a chrome trim piece and a smaller flat arm rest and a "oh sh#$ handle attached to the passanger door...

yeah to long ive been messing with z's

Door panel shows that it has a 260/280 panel.

Before everyone goes crazy about rust and stuff. Like Dave said, be sure to check that the car is SAFE. I will not be around for two weeks but if Jeff comes by you to look it over I am sure he can help you out by looking at the known rust areas. You just don't want to start throwing money at a car that has major rust. So after you confirm rust is just in the floors, you can come up with your plan on motor swap and flat black paint job. If you are still talking about going LSx then I would swap the motor in and get it all running and working first. Once you are happy with the way she drives and running...pull it all out and do your paint.

This is the way I went with my 73 --> 71 swap.

Yeah I'll stop by and assess the car although you would probably find more than me. I'll show up with my screwdriver and magnet :twisted:

Jeff you have a pretty good idea now on where on what to look for. Peter just come up with a solid game plan and stick to it. It will be worth it in the end. Double your time and budget! ;)

I have been taught well :mrgreen:

I agree with Clive, really do your homework before you start buying parts and set a goal. Then estimate a budget. All it will be is an estimate. So much more little crap that adds to get a project car DONE. I have been searching and doing homework for almost a year now and I still haven't bought a single part yet (well except the donor car).