HybridZ

'75 Exhaust before/after twice pipes.

datsun723

Hey everyone, I'm getting twice pipes put on my Z this thursday so I thought I would do a before and after video. Specs on the car are as follows:

N42 block with a P79 head

MSA 3-2-1 header with 2/2.5 inch piping

Some type of generic muffler. Turbo muffler? I don't have a clue.

Old catalytic converter.

Other than that...stock stock stock. :mrgreen:

Here's the link

Not a bad sound right now, although I suspect my computer speakers are adding some bass to it.

Slightly off topic if you don't mind - what steering wheel is that? Is it leather wrapped? Blends in nicely with the interior.

I believe it is a Motorsports steering wheel. Its pretty nice and came with the car. The adapter blends pretty nicely too :mrgreen:

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/SWM/50-3134

Glad to see I'm not the only one that has to coerce to my hood to shut it!

I love that sound! Its rather "european sports car". If I stay I6 thats a must to buy.

Yeah, that darn hood haha. It really does sound great and the video doesn't do it justice. It's relatively cheap too which is a plus.

The msa kit wasnt that bad. At least it was longer then needed and could be trimmed down to size. I have learned that there are very few true "bolt-on kits" for anything automotive. They always seem to need some type of trimming or tweaking to be some what close to fitting right. In my opinion if you have the skills and tools to make it yourself or the money to pay for custom work DO IT and avoid the bolt-on kits. You will avoid headaches and having to live with something that looks "good enough".

Yeah, at least it was longer so that you had enough room to work with. It sounds great though Brian, I'm loving it!

Thats good. I could hear you leaving my house and probably half way to your house. Hey if your not in school tomorrow my buddie will be at my house with his 550hp mitsu.