HybridZ

petition to edit our "members project" post sign in please

7MGFORCE

Whats your take on post edit on "members project" section?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Whats your take on post edit on "members project" section?

• allow members to edit their post in "members project"
    • allow only the "contributors $$$" to change their post
    • no just bug the admins for the little things you want to change in your post

puts flame suit on :flamedevi

well just ranting really. I want to start my own build thread but the whole thing being unable to edit MY OWN build thread is a drag.

Yes I did search about this topic lol and

The down side to that is that in the past members have left the site and deleted good info before they left.

Double edged sword.

The positive side is that if you ask one of us to fix broken link, or correct something it'll get done fairly quickly. :wink:

I do understand that but granted that its our "own build thread" we should be able to edit our own post.(please dont ban me lol)

My sudgestion:

maybe allowing just the "members project" area to be edited by the thread starter?

or

how about maybe the contributing($$) members be allowed to edit their post lol no fair but what ever would help to get the ball :burnout:

I believe most if they want to edit it make a "build thread" or "members project thread" in the section it corresponds to. such as the S30 section, then there is the 300zx section and so forth, this way they can have others post along with it and they can edit it themselves.

• Administrators
puts flame suit on :flamedevi

.(please dont ban me lol)

:burnout:

Oh man... madno.gif How DARE you publicly mention anything that might enhance this forum! minacc.gif The nerve...mannagg.gif You are SOOoooo banned!

Picture3-1.jpg

:lmao: :lmao:

Just kidding. Good idea actually.

Not sure if we will be able to make it happen, but we will look into it. I think we had this discussion right after the forum update earlier this year and found it wasn't doable at the time.

In the mean time, if you have a specific post/thread anywhere in the forum that you need to edit/modify, etc, contact one of the staff via PM with a link to the post/thread, and include exactly what you want edited/posted in that post. Rewrite the entire post if you wish, be sure to include all the tags etc and we will just cut and paste your edit into the old post.

If your edit is for the middle of an ongoing thread, be sure to make the edit so that it does not disrupt he conversational flow of the discussion. :wink:

Also, don't bombard us with a bunch of little petty edits. We do this for free, for your you guys, and our work load here already takes away from our families. So for small spelling errors, etc, please don't bother.

Now where did I put my BAN button?!?!? frankie.gif

• Administrators
Come on guys 132 view and only 13 votes.

LOL it's kind of like the percentage of people that vote in America LOL

Soooo, when did the membership organize itself, elect a spokesman to rally for a "petition" set up as a "vote" on the forum to which this so called "petition" is for, and to what point and purpose does this "petition with a vote" serve vs. just starting a thread requesting the option to allow members to edit their build threads?

Smell what I'm stepping in? :wink:

Edited by BRAAP

Soooo, when did the membership organize itself, elect a spokesman to rally for a "petition" set up as a "vote" on the forum to which this so called "petition" is for, and to what point and purpose does this "petition with a vote" serve vs. just starting a thread requesting the option to allow members to edit their build threads?

Smell what I'm stepping in? :wink:

served no purpose LOL I just put that there so people would look. And it worked people actually clicked LOL.

And as I states it's just a rant LOL. While I wish the rules would change, I doubt that it would seing the reason it was put into place is to prevent from knowledge from being deleted.

Anyways I'm kind of curious how many people care enough or atleast bothered enough about not being able to change their own post

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
Well more votes now LOL.

Anychance we can allow just the members section to edit? Or no chance at all braap?

The topic of why the 24 hour edit policy was originally put in place vs allowing members in that one section to edit their posts is still in discussion.

Please bear with us and we will have an answer for you, just not sure how it long will take. :wink:

The topic of why the 24 hour edit policy was originally put in place vs allowing members in that one section to edit their posts is still in discussion.

Please bear with us and we will have an answer for you, just not sure how it long will take. :wink:

LOL ya I figured it is I guess I'll wait around for updates