HybridZ

Rare/Interesting/cool Parts Thread

Sonethirty

All of the 'NISSAN' valve covers that I have seen have come on the import engines. I bought a few L28's back in the 90's from an engine importer and they had those valve covers.I don't think any made it onto US engines, but you never know. An interesting side note is that both of the engines were F54 flat top P90a engines with the Nissan ECCS system. Probably out of a Cedric or Laurel would be my guess. They also both had the dual throttle plate throttle body and intake as well.

Hmmm maybe I need to look at this car a little closer.

i paid 200 bucks for that valve cover a few years ago! nice find...very jdm!

Was the one you bought powder coated?

I want to clean it up but I don't want someone to be turned off from buying it because

A ) they want it coated and I have polished it or

B ) They want it polished and I have it coated.....

Edited by 280zx 2by2

Was the one you bought powder coated?

I want to clean it up but I don't want someone to be turned off from buying it because

A ) they want it coated and I have polished it or

B ) They want it polished and I have it coated.....

mine was all dirty..ull sell it no matter what u do to it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im probably wrong but that looks to me like its a Z31 bumper awaiting being retrofit to the s130, considering it looks like it was made for a dual exhaust.

Z31s have single exhaust, on the LHS of the car, and its impossible to do dual without a fuel cell or something similar due to its 19 gallon gas tank taking all the room in the back except for a tiny but of space on the LHS for the muffler. That said, I've seen more S130s with dual exhaust done than Z31s.

Well..cant say its impossible, its been done. I wouldn't do it, because the RHS pipes would be super close to the gas tank, and it'd be a PITA to do it with anything but a fart can or straight pipes.

Edited by michaelp

nismo_cigarette_lighter_type_1.jpg

Picked up this Nismo Fashion Lighter today off Yahoo Japan Auctions. Fun little lighter that looks like a kill switch. Since they discontinued them a few years ago, they are getting to be something thats hard to find. Snagged it new in box for 24.00. Not bad considering people are selling them for 125.00..