HybridZ

Rare/Interesting/cool Parts Thread

Sonethirty

Well someone is quiet full of themselves.... :rolleyes:

Protip: You just look like an arse to just about everyone else.... ;)

Are you offended at the correction, or the way the correction was made? I don't think you can argue that the correction wasn't, er, correct. But then I'm speaking only for myself, and you appear to be speaking for "...just about everyone else...", so who knows?

But speaking as a confirmed amateur, it's always nice to receive a 'tip' from a "Pro". Thanks. ( A "Pro" in what field, I wonder....? ).

P.S. Way to start bringing down a good thread. high five.

In my opinion, this thread would be way off track without the occasional nudge to bring it back to known facts. Without that it's just a "look what I found on the internet!" thread. Perhaps you prefer that?

i paid 200 bucks for that valve cover a few years ago! nice find...very jdm!

WTF???? i wanna kill myself.... A few months ago i found like 8 NOS valve covers like that at the only one Datsun Shop here, the owner was selling them very cheap, i bought 2 of them, the next day i went there and he sold the rest for junk.... the covers were intended for the L28 that goes in the Datsun 280C or Cedric 430.

06042011119.jpg

Edited by mazingerz1976

WTF???? i wanna kill myself.... A few months ago i found like 8 NOS valve covers like that at the only one Datsun Shop here, the owner was selling them very cheap, i bought 2 of them, the next day i went there and he sold the rest for junk.... the covers were intended for the L28 that goes in the Datsun 280C or Cedric 430.

06042011119.jpg

Wow I can't believe such nice pieces were junked.... 1000 hail marry s to the both of you's .

Noob question. I have spent a lot of time decided which method I am going to slam my 280zx. My goal is super low, PontiacKid low. I have a welder and can weld so I was gather specifics when I was day dreaming through this thread and see these.

Do you not have to do anything but install these with the new hubs? Will it go as low as stated? Do these pop up more often? How much do they run? spring rates?

If I can get bolt ons it would make my life simpler.

Yeah I have seen these and like I said if I can get these for 45000yen (under 600) with camber plates and shocks that seems much more reasonable and easy...I pretty positive these will go super low, I'm just not totally familiar with 280s yet.

Anyone had any experience ordering from Yahoo Japan?

Edited by zhillz

Nice to see that discussion back on track, even if it's only a "look what I found on the internet!"

In addition, having information about them is useful.

Given that the parts are old enough and the history goes back a few years in the past.

But I keep the idea that the comments may be done courteously and without denigration.

Anyway... that's internet...

Anyone had any experience ordering from Yahoo Japan?

You can find good items at great prices over there.

But the worst is the cost of sending.

And most payment should be done by bank transfer.

Have a friend over there is a good idea.

And combine some items in the same shipment too.

I've done this for few items and I will do it again for some other stuff that I have my target on.

And for my contribution about "the internet found", an OS Giken Oil Pan for the L6

It's the first time I saw. Never hear or read about it.

Look like Aluminum casting pan, and I think it will clear the steering rack for the s130(280zx)

Notice - Didn't seam to have baffle in the pan

http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n97875221

hakosuka_r-img600x450-13147549816oocbz10846.jpg

Edited by nismo_zxt

There was a time that 45,000 yen was only $167.91 :(

I'm serious, that's what it was when I got to Japan. Within five years that same 45,000 yen was inflated to $398.23, and with the exchange rate I got last month while there, it's now right around $600 even. :(

I want my time machine, and a wheelbarrow of money...

• 2 weeks later...