HybridZ

1/4 Mile time with the VQ

240hoke

I finally got a chance to run the car down the 1/4 down in Reynolds over the weekend. Had a lot of traction issues and could not launch the car without spinning. I even tried rolling off at the launch and mashing the gas and she spun. I was spinning 1st, 2nd, and into third if I shifted hard. I'm running old hard street rubber, so I think it s time for some fresh stickier tires.

But enough of excuses:

Engine: VQ35de Bone stock, 6spd manual.

Weight: 2490lbs with 3/4 tank of gas

60' - 2.1 seconds

1/4 Mile - 13.1 secs @ 104 mph.

I think with some new street rubber and a little practice I will be able to get mid-high 12's with the bone stock engine. Overall I was very happy with the setup and happy with how she did. I let Gabe run my car down the track the last time and it looks like he managed to bend my shift rod so she wont go into 1st, 3rd, or 5th gear :cry2:. Stuff happens though, it gives me an excuss to pull my engine and wrap up a few things with the swap. I will more then likely be building my turbo headers when the engine is out....although it will probably be a while longer before I go turbo.

Ive also put a good many miles on hte car since I finished the swap and I am still very happy with it. I have just about alll the bugs ironed out and the car has just been doing great. It is very smooth and driveable, get 26-27mpg on the interstate, and looks like it has the potential to run 12's on the stock engine. The weight is also right on par with the L28.

I love it :)

-Austin

Regardless of said issues, those are great numbers bro. I've sat here on my laptop for many an hour over the last 1.5 years or so and waited/watched the progress of your build. I'd very much like to get something similar built (daily drivable VQ35 S30), mind if I pick your brain about certain details in the future?

Good news! Nothing is wrong with the transmission.....got hte car jacked up and when i got under it I found a shifter bracket bolt had backed out and was causing interference. A little locktite and a tightening and she will be back on the road!

It was a total coincidence that it happened when Gabe took it down the strip! Thats the way thing happen I reckon.

Good news! Nothing is wrong with the transmission.....got hte car jacked up and when i got under it I found a shifter bracket bolt had backed out and was causing interference. A little locktite and a tightening and she will be back on the road!

It was a total coincidence that it happened when Gabe took it down the strip! Thats the way thing happen I reckon.

Geese, you let him off easy! You should have let him sweat it out for awhile! Maybe a nice dinner!

;) Just kidding of course. Glad it was easy.

We all learned an important lesson here. Don't let Gabe drive you're car:lmao:

LOL hey now.. :) hahahaha whipes brow.. wheew

Austin I must say I was relieved when you called and let me know what the deal was! glad it was a super easy fix.. now put that new rubber on and get your 12 sec pass!

Wow, those tires look HUGE! Do you think you have enough body cut for them to clear? I am getting ready to cut into my body panels and have been reading your how to. Great #'s, sounds like that motor will get you into the 12's easily.