HybridZ

ready for wheelz!

i'v owned my 78 280z for 8 years now. i bought it because the car was perfectly original, no hacked-up wires or rust to be found. after 100,000 miles of rolling around on the 14" steels with original mag hub-caps, i'm going with a set of konig rewinds, leaning towards the 15x7 graphites...

i've added lowering springs and new shocks, 1" all the way around...

so my question, z guys, (and gals,) is, will these wheels with say a 225/50/15 tire still fit without rubbing? do i need wheel spacers for any reason? the car still has stock brakes, new, but stock...i was told at a tire shop to go with 205/60/15's...any suggestions on tire size are also welcome...

i'm sure someone out there has done it, just looking for input before i spend a paycheck...

225/50/15 is smaller diameter than 205/60/15. you will gain bigger foot print, and your car will sit slightly lower. your speedo will read 5% faster at 60mph or so. that being said, i have 225/50/15 on 15x7 rims.

yes, they will clear stock brakes and not rub anywhere. verify your backspace/offset on konigs first. if they're from MSA< then you don't have to worry

becarefull though make sure they'll let you test drive the car after it's done.meaning they'll swap out the tires if there is any rubbing whatssoever.i put 225's on a set of 15 inch swasticas and the fronts rubbed.this was on an early 71.broought it right back and went with 205's.225's will work just take it on a right around the block to make sure.