HybridZ

Utility Vehicle - Haulin' parts

xonix_digital

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TOO COOL! :mrgreen:

Tony: Do you tow the Harbor Freight trailer behind an s30?? Got a link?

Look around for photos of the San Antonio Convention in...2004? I took it there loaded with three Rubbermaid tubs. Went 18,000 miles in 3 weeks with that thing behind me.

I got the idea from all the SCCA guys here in SoCal that had a truck tool box on the front half, and their racing slicks chained to the back of the trailer with no decking on it, works great like that. When I built mine, it has all sorts of options to take the deck off, or screw things down to the deck. I can hold a 48Qt Cooler on a boxed frame I put on the tongue, and I carry two spare wheels underneath the deck, as well as some hardened chain and watersealed locks... when I get to a hotel, I chain it to a lamp post through the spoked wheels and it ain't going nowhere with the tongue lock on it! Way too much effort. Hell, I spent more for the aluminum diamond plating on the deck and weight-capable tie downs than I did on the damn trailer!

I got some photos, but nothing online that I know of... I got a nice one of it in front of the Mackinac Bridge (yeah, you wouldn't think it was on the way back to SoCal from San Antonio, but neither was the Smoky Mountian Parkway, either (see how that 18K rolled up?)

It's a great tower behind an S30. My only caveat would be to not run an R180 with a 3.90 gear and take it through the southwestern desert at 85mph for 14 hours+ at a stretch...unless you got a diffy cooler. If you plan on towing in an S30, do it with an R200.

got a sawzall?

minivantruck.jpg

Funny thing about this, I actually saw a Honda prelude last year that someone hacked up to be a truck, almost like this. It was horrible, painted spray can white and neon blue. It was all left exposed with a wood panel across the vertical part. The carpet in the rear was even still there and wet from a previous rain. Sadly I didn't take any pictures, but if i see it again someday I will.