HybridZ

My RB has arrived

Wedge

I too remember the day i picked up my RB.......... A year and a half later, still in the same spot.

Time and funds.. They're their when your planning everything but somehow in reality they seem to disappear and you can't find them anywhere.

Good Luck and enjoy it!!

Thanks for the good words . I had such a great deal on that engine i couldnt pass . It was from a 93 GTR rolling car that was brought to canada to take apart . It has the good crank so no need for the crank collar it has a rebuild new Tomei ,gaskets ,Belts ,cams, HKS GT2530 or equivalent turbos ,dump pipe and suction kit to bad it wont fit as is . Got it for a ridiculous price . I had it compression tested and all first five cylinder are like new and 6 is a smal bit under the others . It was dynoed at 483 whp in japan on a HKS FCON Vpro . Cant wait to start the project ill keep you guys posted .

Thanks for the good words . I had such a great deal on that engine i couldnt pass . It was from a 93 GTR rolling car that was brought to canada to take apart . It has the good crank so no need for the crank collar it has a rebuild new Tomei ,gaskets ,Belts ,cams, HKS GT2530 turbos dump pipe ad suction kit to bad it wont fit as is . Got it for a ridiculous price . I had it compression tested and all first five cylinder are like new and 6 is a smal bit under the others . It was dynoed at 483 whp in japan on a HKS FCON Vpro . Cant wait to start the project ill keep you guys posted .

Mine had the same thing in leakdown tests. It turned out to be tons of carbon in everything and some chunks dropped down onto the valve seat (keeping it it open a hair) by the time I got to number 6. I got lucky and mine looked like a traffic car from all the horrible gunk built up on everything (and practically no oil varnish). They need a good teardown anyways. Good luck with it! Post lotsa pics!

Thanks Wizard ill keep an eye on that and im not kinding by saying that ! A freind a mine has a sweet camera made by ridgid .ridgidsnake.jpg

Ill go check it out to see if it has carbon buildups in 6 i dont think so because the engine was in a running car i saw it working and it had a rebuild once by the previous owner before he started moding the RB .

Thanks Wizard ill keep an eye on that and im not kinding by saying that ! A freind a mine has a sweet camera made by ridgid .ridgidsnake.jpg

Ill go check it out to see if it has carbon buildups in 6 i dont think so because the engine was in a running car i saw it working and it had a rebuild once by the previous owner before he started moding the RB .

Excellent point. Nice tool, by the way!

Dam I wish I got that one lol. Mine came out of one of those station wagons. So on the plus it is a 98 model and have some of the newer sensors, but dam I want all that other stuff you got. lol

That would be a Series 2 WGNC34 Stagea 260RS - practicality and fun all in the same package!

(Mine is the RB25DET AWD Auto, but has had a few 'upgrades' that make it as powerful as the 260RS)

GL with the conversion and don't forget to look on places such as skylineaustralia.com if you want any RB help

:)