HybridZ

ZCC - Custom Tail Project (Rear Spoiler)

palauoriginal

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok.. another update for you guyz!

Jesse came by today, and we took our tail and did some drawing on it to brain storm. We went over the few details I listed above, but actually added another change to the tail.

When RTz was over last, he made mention that it might be nice to have it a bit more angled. So we looked at making it slightly angled more to the hatch. This gave a slight different height on the tail. *( See first two photo )

Photo 1 Shows tail as sits.. photo 2 shows it how it will be once kick is slightly changed.

2010-03-23114358-1.jpg

2010-03-23114352.jpg

I didn't take any photo's of the leading edge of the tail/to hatch. But there is a ledge thats about 1/2 if not more, that will be removed. You can slightly see it in the photo below... This will allow for a smooth transition into the tail.

Now here are the photo's of the tail outer edges. It will be kind of hard to see it in its unfinished form. The chalk shows were the edge will be rounded to. It's not much, but it will make a much more dramatic effect on the shape and how it mimics the more rounded features of the Z.

2010-03-23114323.jpg

2010-03-23114336.jpg

Edited by azcarbum

The one thing I dont love about this spoiler is that looking at it from the back, it looks like a huge plank of wood. It might look better if the rear surface slanted in/up then came back out to the hatch ledge.

Totally agree! I was thinking the same thing just didnt say anything..

I think it should be a alot smaller lip.

Perhaps make a "subtle" version of the spoiler. Kinda like this one for the 350z

ings_350z_rear_spoiler.jpg

Totally agree! I was thinking the same thing just didnt say anything..

I think it should be a alot smaller lip.

Perhaps make a "subtle" version of the spoiler. Kinda like this one for the 350z

ings_350z_rear_spoiler.jpg

x3 :)

Love the that subtle spoiler on the 350z

Guys, they make subtle spoilers for the Z car already. This isn't one of those! This is for those of us who want a LARGER spoiler than the wimpy looking ones already available and SMALLER than the ginormous whale tail spoilers. If you don't like what you see, don't worry, MSA has got you covered...

I like the subtle changes in the making that will enhance the look of the spoiler, especially with the rounded edges--it does match the body lines of the car better. Nice work.

Davy

Hey some general questions.......

What will the end pricing be for the wing (CF and FG versions)

How soon will they be looking to be produced to be sold is will this be a on-order kinda thing?

Im def still interested in a CF version of this wing just let me know how soon I need the cash and how long till they will start being produced...Im in no super hurry wont even be back in the states till years end, but still want one.

I wish the "updates" and "Pics" came as soon as they said they would... I sent a message down ZCC way to let them know if they'd need a good close source that I'd be game to post pics the day I got the piece if they would be game. Nothing drives me more crazy than waiting for updates that never come, especially when they post tomorrow and weeks go by!

Like the tail a lot, as well as some of the other ZCC products (Got their tow brackets) I agree with some of the comments regarding how it looks from directly behind, but it's a solidly nice piece.

OK what pictures do you want to see? The car is at another shop where we are mocking up the engine, transmission , power steering water/meth injection etc.

There is limited room for pics, the flairs will not be on the car as they are across town in storage. If you want a profile pic I'll do my best to get one etc.

Again check my build thread as I will have a few more up there later today (brought the camera cord and iphone cord to work with me today.

Thanks,

David

Here is a picture of the gnose, see I posted a picture :D . Again just let me know what angle you want and i'll snap a pic of it. After that I'll probably remove the tail and store it until it's time to put it on as I don't want to get it scratched up.

SS hood

IMG_0643.jpg

STOCK HOOD

IMG_0645-1.jpg

Edited by dsommer