HybridZ

JDM huge fender flares

xCaLeBx

Gotta agree with HS30-H here about those flares being different from each other. The flares on the black car are "original" Arita Speed flares. You can visit their website for more info about them if you can read japanese.

The flares on the black G-nose aren't REALLY Arita Speed, right? The Arita Speed kit seems to be molded fenders, whereas the black G-nose seems to be riveted on.

• 1 month later...

Hi im new to the site and I have been looking at that black z for about a week now... :) Been trying to figure out exactly which company makes that identical flare and doing my research as I am looking to obtain a z in the future to make it like that car. So it is a works fender flare but anyone know which company made the one the black z had? Anyone who has the flares here could they show it on the car? I would love to see that piece through a picture. Thanks guys.

Hi im new to the site and I have been looking at that black z for about a week now... :) Been trying to figure out exactly which company makes that identical flare and doing my research as I am looking to obtain a z in the future to make it like that car. So it is a works fender flare but anyone know which company made the one the black z had? Anyone who has the flares here could they show it on the car? I would love to see that piece through a picture. Thanks guys.

http://www.zccjdm.com/catalog.php/azcarbum/dt73726/pd1865902/FULL__IMSA__G_NOSE__BODY_KIT_ Here you go!:2thumbs:

The kit that zccjdm offers is not the same as that black car. The g-nose is the same, flares are diferent though. If you search more, you'll find side pictures of that black Z which you can clearly see that the flares are different

ohhhh....now I know :). Must have been awesome to see that car up close and in person
So given the photo's you posted have Copyright on them did you check with the owner if you could link/post them in this thread. It is very easy for us all to do this kind of stuff (link pics/save pics etc) but we should not forget that they belong to someone else and we should respect their copyright.

HS30-H is Alan Thomas, which is the owner of the images. Now, I did not remove or alter anything from the images because as you said, it's out of respect for his work. I'm not going or will take credit for something that I did not do or have any intentions of dis-respecting anyone. I did not know that posting his pictures would be any violations which is one reason I posted (mainly posted because it relates to the subject at hand). His signature is still there, the images are not edited, I didn't even think about making this picture mine or go around telling anyone that I took this picture. I'm not making any money off his work or did I not credit him for taking the pictures (if you read my other post, you can clearly see I'm REALLY jealous of him to see that car up close and in person). His image are great no doubt. I look at them everyday dreaming that my Z would look like that one day. I'm jealous because of the fact that he is the ONLY one I know besides Spirit Garage that has any photos of that car at all and he got to see that car up close in person. He may have even got to ride in the car while I'm here staring at a monitor just thinking what it be like to actually see, hear, and if I'm lucky enough in this life time to even sit shot gun in that beauty.

Alan Thomas (HS30-H), if you are reading this and I have in anyway dis-respected you by posting these images, I'm truly sorry. Please contact me through PM or reply to this post and I'll be sure to remove all the images I have used that belonged to you. If you are super mad or offended that I have used your images without your permission, I'll take full responsibility even if it means banning my account. I'll man up to my mistakes and not make any excuses.

Alan Thomas (HS30-H), if you are reading this and I have in anyway dis-respected you by posting these images, I'm truly sorry. Please contact me through PM or reply to this post and I'll be sure to remove all the images I have used that belonged to you. If you are super mad or offended that I have used your images without your permission, I'll take full responsibility even if it means banning my account. I'll man up to my mistakes and not make any excuses.

LOL

One of the dubious 'blessings' of the internet is that images and data soon end up getting moved around, and often end up far away from their original context. Cue pics of the black car in the this thread, which seems to have prompted an amazing amount of questions ( "what is that kit"? "where can I get it?" etc ) which could probably have been answered had it stayed in context......

I just want my photos to stay attached to their original stories, wherever possible. That way at least people have the opportunity to find out anything they might want to know. In the case of the Spirit Garage car, I was just visiting Spirit Garage to buy some parts and Mr Itagaki insisted on taking me out to his home garage to show me the car - so it was an unexpected pleasure. All I did was point the camera at it in between looking very closely at the car and asking Mr Itagaki some questions about it. The car is very interesting, and I even got to sit in it. I admired its high-and-hard unboosted brake pedal, and Itagaki san laughed and said "good feel, eh?".

But its arches / overfenders are custom made, and are not any kind of 'kit'. Nor are they directly related to the overfender kits like the one seen on the black car, which can trace their DNA and inspiration back to Nissan's own 'works' circuit race cars and the parts that were homologated for them to use back in 1971, 72 & 73.

Here are some pics of similar parts, in component form:

Replica-Works-Type-B-airdam_thumb.jpg

Replica-Works-Type-B-frontO_thumb.jpg

Replica-Works-Type-B-kit_thumb.jpg

Replica-Works-Type-B-rearOV_thumb.jpg

Gotta agree with HS30-H here about those flares being different from each other. The flares on the black car are "original" Arita Speed flares. You can visit their website for more info about them if you can read japanese.

My daughter speaks Japanese if you ever need a translation. (And she loves Z's):lol:

@HS30-H

I take it your alright with what I did? I see a LOL, seems like I got you to laugh pretty good. For future use, when I refer to the Spirit Garage S30Z I'll just post the link to Spirit Garage's website to reduce complications that may arise. Thanks for not beating the crap out of me about what happened.

@signal34

Your daugher speaks japanese and loves Z....Her husband must be a lucky bastard lol....I might take your offer on the translation thing. Thanks

So Alan, what would it take to get a set of flares like the ones you just posted? ;)

Got a guy here in San Diego with molds that makes the kit. We had him make our kit in Carbon Fiber. We sold our extra kit already to a guy in Mizzou. If serious and you have the money I can see how much a set in fiberglass will cost you. It is an 8 piece set which includes the 4 overfenders, 3 piece rear spoiler and large front spoiler. The kit is for a G-nose car as well.

• 1 month later...

Got a guy here in San Diego with molds that makes the kit. We had him make our kit in Carbon Fiber. We sold our extra kit already to a guy in Mizzou. If serious and you have the money I can see how much a set in fiberglass will cost you. It is an 8 piece set which includes the 4 overfenders, 3 piece rear spoiler and large front spoiler. The kit is for a G-nose car as well.

I PM'ed you awhile back, but can you get a quote for a full fiberglass kit please? Thanks