HybridZ

Repair estimate - Auto Transporter nightmare

mchong75

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was the car shipped in and enclosed or open trailer? I am relocating and will be shipping mine in an enclosed trailer. I hope I do not have the nightmare you did.

Open container. Just make sure they are insured and it's up to date. My situation wouldn't of mattered if it was open or closed container. It was the driver's error.

• 3 weeks later...

Well mchong,

It's a new year (and very cold so far). What has transpired since we last heard from you....

Personally, I had to send Bessie back to Eurosport Automotive yet again! This will ever end until

I either install MsnS or go "code59" Damn Six_Shooter for ever putting that idea in my head! Same goes for MAG58 with the idea of the Merc M104 head/L28 block "Evil Axis Motor"! Damn, I love this website!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been gone for a while. Here are some updated pics. She's been stripped, sanded and repainted so far. All the old badges and side door chrome trims removed and filled. Front and rear side turn signals removed and filled. She's getting a 240z euro bumper rechromed and installed. All new weather strips will be installed and front carbon fiber BRE airdam ready to be installed soon.

4415394435_9716ba648e_o.jpg

4416161296_d9478e6819_o.jpg

4415394283_ffa0e5ca11_o.jpg

4416171510_84d39d5ed4_b.jpg

4415403837_e01e5011c5_b.jpg

4416166288_ba7d88b0fc_b.jpg

4415396103_6a8525af88_b.jpg

Mchong,

Who did you end up going with, bodyshop wise? What is the final story on the

transporter/insurance saga?

The insurance company settled with me despite getting a hold of their client. The insurance company could not even get a hold of them or get a return phone, email or fax. Luckily I had two witnesses who was with me when the transporter made the delivery and stated he damaged the car during the transport.

It costed me time and frustration but, the insurance settlement was well worth it. :)

I went with Complete Collision in Carrolton. So far, they're doing a great job.

Well, I'm glad it came out alright in the end (sort of). Between you, Mike Quan, and 280zcar,ya'll've made up my mind

to go with charcoal or heather grey on my paint. So we won't all be confused at car meets....

Hope to see you on the road someday.

Well, I'm glad it came out alright in the end (sort of). Between you, Mike Quan, and 280zcar,ya'll've made up my mind

to go with charcoal or heather grey on my paint. So we won't all be confused at car meets....

Hope to see you on the road someday.

lol. silver Z's have been multiplying in DFW. I haven't seen a charcoal/grey one yet though so I think you'll be safe with that color. haha

mchong, Did you paint it the original silver color?

Glad to hear you managed to settle with the insurance company.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the interior is meant to be grey/black when completed, so charcoal was ahead by a nose anyway.

Custom center console and rear deck surround covered in grey pleather with black rubber cargo

floor and footwells.

You should see it now- a ladyfriend called it "purply". The PO had greyish silver shot Earl Schieves'

style over original Nissan 317 blue and it bled thru. Ah well; it keeps the rust in where it belongs!

I'll finally use all that autobody learnin' and do all the bodywork/prep myself, then tremclad the hell

outta it and wetsand till my shoulders dislocate. Maybe a bit o' flip-flop crystals added to the mix, when

clearcoat.

This is of course assuming that I ever get it back from the mechanic and get MsnS installed.....

• 1 month later...

One delay after another, she's finally out of the shop.

Front and rear side turn signals removed for smoother look. Front and rear bumper shocks removed. Rear hatch emblems removed.

I still have couple of more exterior work but she's pretty much done with exterior. Power antenna needs to be installed and rechrome 240z bumpers.

I'm not pleased with the amount of the drop on the car. It has a big gap. I should of gone with 16". Current setup is 1" drop with 205/50/15". I'm planning to switch the tires to Yokohoma 205/55/15" thanks to Discount tires 30 day return policy. :)

Next is to find a good reputable upholstery shop for interior restoration.

Here's are some updated pics. I only had my ultra wide angle lens for this shoot so the pics may look bit distorted.

4592619585_480861a1fc_b.jpg

4592617175_4bfcb0cb79_b.jpg

4592614989_963e319613_b.jpg

4592613123_049dddb49e_b.jpg

4593230234_0a78254589_b.jpg

Edited by mchong75

Looks good...but what all are you needing for interior...i have alot and am close by. Also why fill in everything but not the back pan?

I'm completely redoing the entire interior. New carpets, new dash, new center console, new headliner, new steering wheel, new shift boots & knob.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh sweet roller-skatin' Jesus!

Have to change pants now; thanks...

They did excellent work, M. You should be

proud.

I have had limited experience with

Bells Auto Trim (recovered my door panels).

Great to work with, fast, cheap(?c-note for

two doors?) I plan to have him do all my custom

interior work when I get it done.

http://bellsautotrim.com/default.aspx

Great lookin' ride. Thanks again for reminding

me how much of a loser I am. I keed!

• 4 weeks later...

Oh sweet roller-skatin' Jesus!

Have to change pants now; thanks...

They did excellent work, M. You should be

proud.

I have had limited experience with

Bells Auto Trim (recovered my door panels).

Great to work with, fast, cheap(?c-note for

two doors?) I plan to have him do all my custom

interior work when I get it done.

http://bellsautotrim.com/default.aspx

Great lookin' ride. Thanks again for reminding

me how much of a loser I am. I keed!

Thank you for the compliment.

I'll need to check them out.