HybridZ

Dry Ice in the car how long???

wolfsburgedition

Try to go someplace that sells it in 'pellet form' it's a lot easier to spread, and gives a much more uniform dispersion than a block of it broken up by hand. They look like little fish-food pellets, up to the size of packing styrofoam pellets. The smaller the better. Broadcast it on and let it go for a while. Just do it with the garage door open, it will displace oxygen, and you will start breathing really fast if it's deficient... you will just pass out if the O2 displaced in the cavity was less than about 15%. (Meaning, don't throw it on the floorboards then close the doors with the windows up, coming back to that and opening the door can cause you to pass out with one full breath and fall onto the floor in the car...making things much bleaker for your survival!) Ventilate well.

I left mine on for about 20 minutes. The longer the better. When the cold penetrates through the deadening matierial it spreads through the rest of the metal, which makes it easier to bust up surrounding areas that did not actually have the ice on it. Also get some strong trash bags and make a saddle told hold the ice on the trans tunnel. Have fun.

i find the smaller the worst, the bigger the colder and the faster it works. i hate the wait time(15-20min) and it didnt work out well for me so i ended up using a screwdriver and hammer and knocked it all out. i ended up using my dry ice for smokes during halloween!!!