HybridZ

R200 Side Seal

IdahoZ

I purchased 2 side seals for my 280Z R200 differential and they are too small. They are Beck/Arnley 052-1401 seals. Anyone who sells these seals lists this part number as the correct seal for the R200, but it is not the correct one. Has anyone purchased new side seals recently that could provide a good part number?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I am still in need of a part number for a side seal on an R200 differential. I purchased yet another seal from a differant manufacturer and it is the same size as the other two I have. The last seal I purchased was an NRZ 38342-2100 (W0133-1641698) and is roughly 52 mm in diameter. The seal I need is around 55 mm in diameter. The differential is a 280Z R200. Can anyone help? I would like to install the differential, but I need a seal.

Thanks.

Called the local transmission shop today and had them look up the differential seal for a 280Z R200. I then asked them for the specifications and was told the bore was 55 mm and shaft was 35 mm. This matches my differential, good news. The seal was a National 223542. I could not find a National seal, but I was able to cross reference it to a Timken, same part number. Ordered two from RockAuto at $3.67 each. Happy Day :)

I had the same problem. I ended up just ordering mine from Courtesy Nissan after trying numerous parts places and numerous non Nissan parts.

Edit: the part# I ordered for my 280ZXT R200 which may be different is Nissan # 38342-N3100

Edited by junglist
adding part #

• 1 month later...
Called the local transmission shop today and had them look up the differential seal for a 280Z R200. I then asked them for the specifications and was told the bore was 55 mm and shaft was 35 mm. This matches my differential, good news. The seal was a National 223542. I could not find a National seal, but I was able to cross reference it to a Timken, same part number. Ordered two from RockAuto at $3.67 each. Happy Day :)

Ordered two of the Timken 223542 seals the other day from RockAuto and they just arrived. Yup, they're the correct seals.