HybridZ

Bumper rip off?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am all for losing weight but I always keep my spare etc with me. It is just a convenience thing/siting on the side of the road waiting on your spare to come to you is no fun

I got rid of my spare 11 years ago, it's kind of pointless with two different sized tires mounted on the vehicle.

I carry around a puncture kit and one of those 12v mini air compressors and these have sufficed for the tire malfunctions I have had.

COCKERSTAR; Thanks G!!

I got rid of my spare 11 years ago, it's kind of pointless with two different sized tires mounted on the vehicle.

I carry around a puncture kit and one of those 12v mini air compressors and these have sufficed for the tire malfunctions I have had.

COCKERSTAR; Thanks G!!

in that case you thought ahead and its all kosher

I am all for losing weight but I always keep my spare etc with me. It is just a convenience thing/siting on the side of the road waiting on your spare to come to you is no fun

Spare was factory and no longer good... cracked and aged.

I have a can of fix-a-flat in the car for local driving. If I take it on a long drive i'll probably get a new tire for the spare and put it in.

Having AAA gold membership helps though.

In my years of driving i've never had a tire failure I couldn't predict

As much as I hate my 280z bumpers it is comforting to know that if I should hit something that I have at least 3 inchs of bumper, plus however much space is there between the bumper and the car.

Has there been anyone who has made a bumper that has stuck out away from the car like the 280z but was small and sleek like the 240z?

Please choose one

____ Style

____ Function

280znoob-

Getting back to your original question....if you decide to remove the bumpers, do it right and remove them correctly. It will result in a better-looking final product, AND you will have retained all the hardware intact (in case you want to sell, or re-install on the car at a future date).

See my thread on removing the rear bumper....it's really only a few hours work, and well worth the final result.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?p=1068505#post1068505

Good luck with it and happy motoring.

jhm