HybridZ

new dash and seats installed!!!pics!!

timbo1jz

That whole set up looks great! However, I've heard some negative things about fiberglass car seats. I was looking at a set similar to yours, but was told that if you were to get in a wreck with them, it's possible for them to actually break. What are your thoughts on this?

• 4 months later...

my thoughts are that I don't really care. The seats have obviously been tested in accidents before they sell them, so I am not worried. I still have my seat belts holding me in if the seat breaks.:icon44:

you would be amazed if you knew that a lot of the aftermarket stuff from China (NRG, OBX, etc etc) does not have any "crash testing". Dont get me wrong....i LOVE that seat too, but what i would be worried about is having the back half of the seat snapping off in an accident then the sharp edges left on the bottom portion of the seat will impale your back....

I used to have a MoMo 4 PT harness in my 240sx, got in an accident (lady rear ended me) and i swapped the harness back to the stock one because a few people i spoke with had told me that the at fault parties' insurance company may not pay for my medical costs due to non DOT approved safety equipment. Just something to remember....out here in California theres more retarded drivers then just a little bit....probably 9 out of 10 drivers NEED to be reevaluated for their licence....

• 2 weeks later...

Like the seats and such, but am a stickler for details... I'll probably take the same chance on fiberglass seats.

Hurts to see those seats surrounded by bare sound deadening... and a nice cap with the aluminum panel in the middle...

Are you planning on finishing up the interior and covering the aluminum to have a clean interior with the seats?