HybridZ

Suede vs Leather Steering Wheel

Kismet

Suede gives the most comfortable grip. For track use I would go suede for it's high friction on gloves. But, It has drawbacks as well.

For street I might choose smooth leather instead. I have seen what happens to suede wheels when used with bare hands. They get all gummy and matted. Alcantara might be easier to clean and it gives a similar surface to suede.

I chose the OMP wheel as well. I used a NON-Dished wheel with a quick release bolt on conversion. The stack height of the conversion required I use a flat wheel. Even then, it has some dish to it.

^ i agree with longevity of suede, it doesnt last as long as leather... but i like both.. i just went with leather with my steering wheel to match the interior with my car.

and i agree, if you have the money, go for a nardi steering wheel!!! freaking nice.

For aggresive driving, I'd go with leather over suede. The suede will seperate from the wheel pretty fast. I had a Sparco wheel and the suede was junk after a couple trips to the Dragon ( and a couple of track days in between ). Probably wouldnt have happend with power steering, but with the force needed to turn an s30 with a 13.5" wheel , your hands will just tear it up. OR, maby the Sparco isnt as good as the price tag and reputaion indicates. I'm thinking one of those welded chain steering wheels should hold up pretty well.

merry christmas to you too!

The original steering wheels seems a little more deep than the OMP steering wheel. The hub adpater will add a few cm forward to the wheel, which i wanted, hopefully.

if you guys go with the leather, you will have no complaints