HybridZ

BOMEX front bumper

littlecrow

I was thinking about getting the Bomex bumper for my 86 Z31 but while I was looking at photos of the bumper I noticed that you may have to cut some of the fenders to fit it, I've never done a lot of body work before so I dont know how much work has to be done to fit it right so if anybody has anyy experiance with this bumper I could use the help thanks.

zenki_bomex_1_thumb.jpg

I have never heard of that kit before, but from experience, the chances of it "bolting" on and looking, clean, with minimal and even panel gaps is remote.

Some degree of trial fitting, and some degree of minor trimming, and adding some fibreglass to make the gaps (seams) all even and relatively tight fitting is going to be required. They do not come painted, so this type of work can be done fairly quickly with minimal tools. If it is not fibreglass, then the difficulty level will increase.

Some tools like sand paper, straight edge, putty knives, dremel or equivalant, and obviously fibreglass materials would be your minimum requirements. This is by no means a comprehensive list. Sometimes extra brackets may be required to help holt the air dam to shape. ie the part may be slightly crooked in its relaxed state, and may need these supports to keep it straight and even once bolted to your car, that is 20+ years old, and may not be a straight as it came from the factory.

Not trying to scare you, but this is a LONG weekend job for someone with a tiny bit of bodywork experience. Paint/prep is not included in my time estimate, and I am assuming a reasonable work area and tools.

Goodluck.