HybridZ

*New* Video with my Coilovers

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, you don't have to section the struts to run any particular struts or coilovers. You can do it without sectioning, but if you go as low as the OP has, you'd be running pretty close to the bumpstops.

I think I've seen this car in Monroe along with a pretty damn clean green one. If that's the car I believe it had different wheels on it, but it was very very clean.

EDIT--Just noticed the pin striping in the video, this is definitely the same car. Very nice! Looks like a brand new car in person.

Yes this is the same car haha small world!! My friend sold his green one and now he has a black one that's parked at Strands from time to time (which looks great too!)

Thanks for the compliments guys, yes the music is from Dragonball Z, it was and always will be an epic show :icon55:

• 1 month later...
So you go through the trouble of putting a cover on the car only to drop it on the ground after you remove it? Ironic...

Also why do you put your headlights on before starting the car?

Not feeling the music, but meh...good video overall

Yasin

I turn my lights on every time I start the car, its just a habit.

Thanks.

Are you talking about sway bars or something? I'm not sure what that means haha.

Thanks guys!

Corner balancing implies that the vehicle is applying equally distrubted weight to all four corners. Having the distribution of weights off can mean you'll make better right turns than left or vice versa. This can also mean that you'll understeer/oversteer in one direction versus the other and again vice versa. More information about it can be found at the following link.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/articles/understanding-corner-weights/

Your car looks very nice. The dramatics isn't so bad, heck ya gota add a taste of something different to keep it from being just another boring vid... :cool:

I have to ask, did you section your struts? I have coil overs and if I went that low, I'd be touching the bump stops on every bump.

I just picked up a slightly used set of sectioned 240 struts, with Illumina 5 ways.

All I have to do now is get my butt outside and do the swap out.... :eek:

Again.... Yours look killer! :2thumbs:

Now that you have coil-overs you can "jack" the weight at each corner, (more or less weight) by raising or lowering the coil-over bottom ring.

For example raise the right front and it gets lighter and the left side (in particular the left rear) get heavier. You need scales and time to get it done. Set ride height first and then start moving the spring perches (small changes at a time).

You do this with whatever set-up you plan on running your car in - fuel level, driver, stripped or full interior, etc. Once you're done go get an alignment performed.

With some work you can get a nice 50-50 split front and rear and even side to side. If you want over or under steer you can add weight to corresponding end.

My first thought as I saw your vid was that I'd have to drive with one wheel on the center hump of that dirt road since my extra capacity oil pan sits only 3.5 inches off the ground.

Very clean 280. Hope you bring it to the ZCON in Nashville this year.

ZDAYZ09004_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the info guys! ill take this in consideration for sure! As for doing an "alignment" someone told me it can't be done on this because just because of the fact that its on coilovers and its "to low" he also told me the car has "negative camber" and its horrible for the car. I'm not saying hes wrong about the camber because it does, but I mean.... What car doesn't when you put coilovers on? Yeah it can cause stress on the car but I don't even drive it all that much anyways.