HybridZ

Nissan V8 sub forum?

• Administrators

This is not the place for purism.

Nissan V8 activity is minimal. I could probably count the threads on one hand. Until a sub-forum is deemed worthwhile, posting in "Other V8Z's" inconveniences no one.

This is not the place for purism.

Nissan V8 activity is minimal. I could probably count the threads on one hand. Until a sub-forum is deemed worthwhile, posting in "Other V8Z's" inconveniences no one.

:hs: I just browsed the first two pages in the Other V8 section and the majority of them seem to be about Nissan V8s. Definetly more then I could count on one...or two hands. It may not be a forum for purism, but being a forum about Datsun/Nissan Z cars with engine swaps means many people will be inclined to swap in other Nissan engines. Maybe you should go back through and count how many threads in this section are about VH/VK swaps. Its not about being inconvenient, consolidating all the Nissan V8s into their own sub-forum just seems logical to me....:-|

• Administrators
:hs: I just browsed the first two pages in the Other V8 section and the majority of them seem to be about Nissan V8s. Definetly more then I could count on one...or two hands. It may not be a forum for purism, but being a forum about Datsun/Nissan Z cars with engine swaps means many people will be inclined to swap in other Nissan engines. Maybe you should go back through and count how many threads in this section are about VH/VK swaps. Its not about being inconvenient, consolidating all the Nissan V8s into their own sub-forum just seems logical to me....:-|

I wasn't labeling your request as purist, rather the justification lobbied by the prior poster.

"Counting on one hand" is a cliche. It wasn't meant in the literal sense, rather the relative sense.

I'm not entirely opposed to your request, but I'm not entirely for it either. Give it some time. We'll either add it, or we won't. Either way, I don't see it as a significant.

We already have our own forum for the nissan v8. It's covered under "Other Engines". The chevy, ford, chrysler v8's, toyota, nissan l6's, 4 bangers, buick v6's, chevy v6's, all don't have their own subforum. So are you guys advocating adding a subforum for every other engine choice that doesn't have it's own subforum or are you special? Actually I don't care one way or the other, just trying to understand your perspective and what exactly is to gain from all of this banter.

By popularity I think the chevy and ford v8 is hands down the most popular hybrid, 2jz, nissan l6, rb's are probably second, the 4 bangers and v6's group probably third, the nissan v8 and diesel are few but around. Honestly just because a handfull of you want it, doesn't seem to warrant actually getting it, just because you yell the loudest. I haven't seen any discussion as to the need, benefits, but rather just "want". Besides, if the Nissan v8 deserves a subforum so does the buick v6, chevy v6, and the rest that don't have one as the argument would be the same for all engine choices that have actually been installed in a z. Don't you think?

There appears to be plenty enough interest to me for Nissan V8s to have its own sub forum. The majority of the other V8 section is about Nissan V8s, and as seen in my thread there are several others who would like to see Nissan V8s have their own section as well. The Moderators apparently thought Ford/Chevy inline 6s needed its own sub-forum and there is only 6 TOTAL threads in there. :rolleyesg

And that is the argument for a sub forum!?????? :rolleyes:

Actually I just looked in the forum and of the first 20 threads, 7 are about v8 nissans. Of those 1 is asking how hard it is to fit into a z31, one asks how much it is worth to sell, one is a sound clip, 3 build threads and the rest are questions about transmissions and other things.

I think the nissan v8 is great, actually all engines are great, just not convinced that there is all that much information, interest or other technical informaiton that would warrant a sub forum. But maybe it does need to be cleaned up and organized and maybe that is the way to go. Give every engine it's own subforum. But then again since there isn't that many posts, how hard is it to browse the "other v8" forum?

You managed to point out was that it might end up as you mentioned about some of the rest of the sub forums with few posts. They also started with a handfull of people wanting their own sub forum for their pet motor swaps. I think the idea would be not to start another subforum with few posts, little information and hardly used, when the search function would accomplish the gathering of a few threads just fine. Or perhaps a sticky thread in the "other v8 engine" forum about a "how too" would serve the purpose well maybe. Could be several stickies actually with some about engine mods or trans mods, etc.

I was kind of expecting a high school type class debate with good ideas, but alas, was not to be I guess.

Rock on dudes! :rockon:

Edited by dr_hunt