HybridZ

79 everything swap to a 72

sTonedaZn

Hi I have just recently blown my head gasket on my 23 z, and had a 79 parts car.

So far I've swapped out the good eng and tranny into my 72.

I am and also have swapped out the eng wiring harness and some internal harnesses. Everything from my 79 is efi. The problem I am having is I can't get it to run it cranks, but i don't think injectors are firing. I've used a clear tube to see if fuel was being delivered and it looks like it stops at the fuel rails but theres alot of pressure build up. Also I have heard to twice what might sound like it wants to fire. Read the EFI bible and I am having a hard time locating the efi relay .. Do i need this or is there a way I can work around anything if anything just to get my baby Z on the road again. So far 1 week and frustrated as hell:evil:

.. Thanks in advance

ya, i get spark from coil --->dizzy-->wires..

But i think it has something to do with the efi not spraying i don't hear it.. pumps works pushes gas up to the 2 the fuel rail then it looks like gas stops moving forward but pressure is still building up..

I also think that maybe has something to do with the efi relayspend today trying to figure out were and if it does need a efi relay or is there a back yard process just to get it running so i can get it to my house..

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...