HybridZ

is this the fuel pump problem? *video*

(*was originally posted in wrong section*)

hey guys its me again, i have a few ppl waiting with a shop to paint my car, when all of the sudden she wont start... its a 76 280z stock.

I start it, it sputters for about two seconds then dies(wont let me touch the gas either) I checked spark, all six are firing. i pulled off the gas line after the filter, its getting plenty...Can fuel injected engines get 'flooded'? thats how it seems to act... i wait a few minutes then go to start it, again, it sputters for two to three seconds, dies then i immediatly try again... it sputters then dies...But if i try a third time, nothing.Wait then it tries another two times, then nothing...

and its cold as hell, but that has never stopped her.

anyone? plz help they are waiting!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C31OVzg2N60

100_2041-1.jpg

*UPDATE*

Well there is the picture. i searched a few forums, and i noticed that alot of you said that your fuel pump was loud when it went out, or was going out... Mine is really loud...You can hear it from inside the car, and probably up to about 15-20 feet away.I also see that it was a little pinched before i pulled it down...but it ran like that before...

could a take any other external fuel pump and hook it up to the lines and electrical, or would i have to get that exact one?

What do you guys think?

Is this FP kaput?

thanks guys

another dumb question...(from me? no way!big shocker.)

when i pulled off the fuel line after the filter i primed it and it squirted out about an inch(too weak???)

....I know, i know, get a fuel pressure guage.

Edited by 280znoob
update

Hence why im asking. I dont dont have a proper set of tools.

Was hoping for an opinion just to check

It sounds like it, but you need a tool to determine. Buy one of these and put it inline before it goes into the fuel rail, very simple.

Also, I was at AceHardware and so a few small gauges under $10 that I think would work with fuel also.

It sounds like it, but you need a tool to determine. Buy one of these and put it inline before it goes into the fuel rail, very simple.

Also, I was at AceHardware and so a few small gauges under $10 that I think would work with fuel also.

How much do they cost?

It says it doesnt fit Bosch or Jetronic tho. or do you really think it matters?

No it doesn't matter. You may need to buy a 1/2 foot of extra HP hose is all. Ace Hardware may be cheaper like I said for the gauge and the fitting. For testing purposes the plastic "T" is fine, but not to leave on for awhile.

Something like this. This is from the HF kit that I posted.

Fuel_Gauge.jpg

• 4 weeks later...