HybridZ

1977 280z Daily Driven Project

So guys, I got lugs for the wheels, I just threw one on hand tight to see how they lookedish. It was jacked from the LCA so they should look like they will at ride height (imagin tires) they are wider than the stock wheels but I will be putting the tires I have on the car on them. I am not sure if I will be able to put them on tomorrow or not depends on how work is.

3quarterq.jpg

straiton.jpg

lipd.jpg

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice!!! Now gotta get it lowered ;)

what wheels are those? and offset?

0 offset they are 14X6.5 LOL, they are called Rocket wheels, they came stock on a few 280z's I think they are a very VERY rare option part. I love the way the look. That one picture is very misleading, I won't need flares or anything to run these, it looks like they stick out crazy far. They had 205's on them when They were on my first z, which is now gone, I will be putting the 195's I have on them.

0 offset they are 14X6.5 LOL, they are called Rocket wheels, they came stock on a few 280z's I think they are a very VERY rare option part. I love the way the look. That one picture is very misleading, I won't need flares or anything to run these, it looks like they stick out crazy far. They had 205's on them when They were on my first z, which is now gone, I will be putting the 195's I have on them.

hmm, I have a couple sets like this but they are like 15 offset so they dont stick out at all really. im gonna sand blast them one of these days and paint them a Volk TE37 Bronze or something.

hmm, I have a couple sets like this but they are like 15 offset so they dont stick out at all really. im gonna sand blast them one of these days and paint them a Volk TE37 Bronze or something.

I was in the process of sanding and painting these but got to annoying having to tape it off the way I had to, got petrolium jelly mask it then was to lazy to do it, now I am going to put them on the car, oh well, will still look better, lets continue our convo from justin's thread here. I was going to say that I make 11 an hour and I got a raise a week ago so now I make 11.25 and hour. Hard work is amazing what it gets you =P I already make more than somebody my dad works with LMAO!

haha I worked 12 hour shifts in a boiler room of a lumber mill last summer it sucked ass but $30 an hour, cant complain. Worked with my dad, no chance to even do that every day lol. yeah, I might get some spacers for my wheels if I dont get new ones here soon

haha I worked 12 hour shifts in a boiler room of a lumber mill last summer it sucked ass but $30 an hour, cant complain. Worked with my dad, no chance to even do that every day lol. yeah, I might get some spacers for my wheels if I dont get new ones here soon

Yea, your wheels seem similar, do they have the shank style lugs? Pain in the A** to find, at my work I would have to special order them.

Yea, your wheels seem similar, do they have the shank style lugs? Pain in the A** to find, at my work I would have to special order them.

yea they do, I found a NAPA lug nut set that fits in there, I have had to go stripped so half of my lugs are different

yea they do, I found a NAPA lug nut set that fits in there, I have had to go stripped so half of my lugs are different

lol, pep boys, under 26 bucks total. price said 5.99 per set it was like 25.8 something? I was stoked when I found them.

nice, now you need to lower it haha

Let me quote myself from another site, oh and thanks Justin, yea, I just got it cut, I like it, its so much lighter now, and it looks pretty good, way better than the crazy mess I used to have.

UGH! Don't make me hear it anymore, I KNOW IT NEEDS TO BE MOARS LOWAR! haha I don't really just want to cut the springs, I want to get lowering springs or coil over sleeves and some decent struts/shocks first.[/Quote]

Edit, I fail at quoting...

I put the new wheels on but haven't got to drive it since I have except with the old wheels in the back, I don't think it will feel any lighter but hey, you never know, with the interior pretty much stripped, 120 lbs of bumper gone and some natural weight reduction. It is super amazing how much lighter these wheels were compared to the stock steelies even though they were wider. Stupid snow messing up my fun.

It snowed up there too? It snowed a ton down here, the doors on the f150 were frozen shut. We even got 2 days off from school.

Got let out at noon today and we have 2 hour delay so far, everything is frozen, almost totaled the taco earlier, hit a curb when I hit ice and just went sideways, about hit a sign... LOL. Everything was ok though after I got the truck slowed down. I still had to work and people were still buying tires, since I started working at discount I have been amazed, I never thought selling tires was such a great business. Man labor is expensive too, I love the idea of opening up my own shop someday. I will be sure to do so when I can. haha, I plan over the summer to make some custom parts for the z and if that goes well maybe I can start a production of certain parts if they are wanted. Thanks for the compliments guys, I am loving the way she is starting to look.

♥♥♥♥, we haven't got 2 days out of school since we got 6 feet of snow up here haha.

People in new mexico are babies, the only big problem is they don't like salting anything, so when we get snow, then its gets warm enough to melt, then it turns into water but doesn't drain anywhere and stays cold enough it won't evaporate, then it gets late and cold again, the all we have is ice, EVERYWHERE!