HybridZ

1977 280z Daily Driven Project

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn dude, your PO really screwed you on that car, but at least you're getting it fixed. Is that dryer made out or iron or what? I went looking for discarded washers, fridges, and stuff for metal, but all of them were aluminum. I'm just gonna buy a bit of metal from the Ag shop. There is tons of extra metal just lying around from the plasma table that hasn't been moved all year, and Graham said he'll sell it to me because he was just gonna scrap it anyways.

Really? If you go to the free section on craigslist you will probably find some washers/dryers. It seems most are steel sheet. I don't think I've ever seen an aluminum one.

Moderns30 - I thought you were getting a new shell? Did that fall through?

[edit] I agree don't call the po. They can't and won't do anything for you.

Edited by doublez

Really? If you go to the free section on craigslist you will probably find some washers/dryers. It seems most are steel sheet. I don't think I've ever seen an aluminum one.

Moderns30 - I thought you were getting a new shell? Did that fall through?

Kinda, the guy isn't available on weekends. I need to make it down, see my thread about Zee Works Auto Enterprises up in MO. Over 200 Z cars and 2 warehouses full of parts I found up there.

dont call the PO, one of the worst things you can do, it doesn't solve anything.

Why? I just want to have a word with him. Not going to go off on him or anything. I want to explain to him that he sold me a car that was dangerous. If I was to get in an accident I would have died cause the car would have folded up like a tin can. I am a little upset and I feel I need to express this to him. Justin got 100 dollars back after a sour purchase of a car and contacting the PO. I feel it may help, not saying you might not be right, looking for your in site.

I personally don't have experience with this but my opinion is if you are calm and not ranting/yelling/etc it wouldn't hurt to call. But,... if you are going to yell don't waste your time.

Hopefully you can make it work out for that shell. Maybe you have a day off school or something?

I personally don't have experience with this but my opinion is if you are calm and not ranting/yelling/etc it wouldn't hurt to call. But,... if you are going to yell don't waste your time.

Hopefully you can make it work out for that shell. Maybe you have a day off school or something?

I have school and work and I am actually on spring break right now taking time off work to visit my mom. I didn't see my schedule yet but if I don't work Friday I have plans to have patches in by then.

I have started patching but I am going to look at a 240z that has 350 engine mounts, trans cross member, drive shaft, and Headers included. Looking at it tuesday, no engine or trans. I don't think I would be going the V8 route so I might buy the car if its in alright condition and part out the V8 parts and use my l28. If I do that then I will most likely try to sell the 280z as is with buys knowledge or rust or fix it as a shell and sell it. Don't think I could afford 2 Z cars. I guess we will see. Don't really have the money for the 240z but I am close to the asking price. Maybe he will lower. Then if I get the V8 parts with it I will have enough money to buy a few things to get it all going. It's got an air dam and 3 piece spoiler already.

Well, I just purchased a 1972 240z shell that is pretty much rust free. I am going to swap engines and wiring and stuff. Got lots of work ahead of me but this car will be stripped and crushed unless somebody wants to come take it when I am done with it. That means after it is completely stripped if somebody thinks they can fix it come and get it. This isn't a come get it and crush it your self. So in about 2 months or less if you want to spend lots of time on a 280z I can point out all the rust I know of (Lots) and you can take it. That means no, well maybe, you show up with a trailer or tow truck or something and you take it or I won't bother with you. Will be posting new thread for 240z. Pictures tomorrow. last titled in 86. 90k miles, 500 dollars. Floors repaired, quarters in 80's, rockers done. I thought the dash was crack free but there are two cracks that are less than a millimeter in width on it. VERY hard to see.

Well. Should I start a new thread or just continue this one. I really don't have time or a camera to be taking pictures just trying to get the stuff done. Primered most of the floors. Need to buy a fuel cell I am going to just go that route. Engine bay is almost done, most of it is painted now. I need to grind a few welds primer that spot paint it and then get around where the master cylinder is. I probably should have taken the master out but I decided it's just not worth the trouble right now.

Looks like your making some decent progress. Might as well hit the rest of the floors/console/underbody with black or some sort of rustoleum/POR15.

Take your time, might as well do everything right from the beginning instead of rushing to just see it come together. Take EVERYTHING apart, clean it, and re-paint...otherwise, you'll just nag at yourself knowing that there was something you skipped over but dont feel like doing because it would be a pain to take parts off or apart.

Happy building.

Looks like your making some decent progress. Might as well hit the rest of the floors/console/underbody with black or some sort of rustoleum/POR15.

Take your time, might as well do everything right from the beginning instead of rushing to just see it come together. Take EVERYTHING apart, clean it, and re-paint...otherwise, you'll just nag at yourself knowing that there was something you skipped over but dont feel like doing because it would be a pain to take parts off or apart.

Happy building.

Your about to call me crazy. This car HAS to be done by the 7th. No questions asked if I can't be driving it on the 8th I am going to be running into many problems. As of right now, I am going to finish my school project.