HybridZ

Shnipplelicken's '73 240z

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say goodbye to mosquito killing L28. Im pulling the engine tomorrow, hangover permitting.

240z003.jpg

Thanks for sending me the link to your project, you're doing a nice job. Wheels do look like they fit pretty good, have you rolled your rear fenders?

Thanks for sending me the link to your project, you're doing a nice job. Wheels do look like they fit pretty good, have you rolled your rear fenders?

I havent rolled them...yet. Im still curious to see what it would look like if it was lowered a little bit. I think Im going to end up getting fender flares since Im looking for some real wide rear tires.

BTW guys, the 2JZ-GTE showed up yesturday. I called JDM engines Corp yesturday for a tracking number and they seemed a little baffled and said it was out for delivery. That was amazingly fast shipping. I had it delivered to work so the mechanics can oh and ah over it, but when I tried to get the engine home, I found out that our "million dollar" facility doesnt even have chains for our engine hoist. So, hopefully i can get it home during luch today since my college classes start tonight.

530432086_1873811689_0.jpg

530432846_1873814537_0.jpg

530432401_1873812842_0.jpg

530431727_1873810386_0.jpg

Finally found time to get my hands dirty....again. Im not doing any significant mods to the engine yet. Im just more concerned with getting it in the car and running. I have an engine crossmember on the way from BetaMotorsports. Awesome people by the way. As soon as I get the engine bolted in, I can start fabricating the trans cossmember. I found time to reassemble the clutch assembly and bolt the trans to the engine this morning. I inspected the engine and Im glad I did. I found loads of broken electrical clips, loose bolts on the valve covers, a broken rubber glove stuffed under the coil packs, and water sitting around the spark plugs. Who knows what else im over-looking, but Im sure I'll find it soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for sending me the link to your project Mike. Great job! The Rota RBR's look like they fit pretty good, how much room do you have between the wheels and the rear springs? I am looking at the RBR's with an offset of 10mm but I'm not sure there is enough room to fit them with the stock springs...

Have you done much on you project lately? I am curious to see how your'e getting on :)

ps: have you tried the RBR's (8.5 J) on the front? I'm thinking of getting RBR's all round but

I would prefer not to fit flares...

I wanted the 9.5 on all corners because I wanted that fat offset in the front, like JustinOlson's 280z project

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?/topic/55421-justins-77-280z/page__st__40

With the 8.5's on the rear of my car, I have about a 3/4 inch space from the rear shock.