HybridZ

My New DYno Numbers!!

jc052685

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it a stock bore motor? Stock head bolts?

Junkyard motor that was rebuilt. Thats how I got it out of the junkyard. Dont remember the overbore. maybe .020. ARP head studs.

How many lbs do you torque the head down? You may want to try a better quality gasket then felpro....maybe a metal headgasket.

Torqued to either 70 or 75 ft/lbs. dont recall.

having the bottom of the head resurfaced

Only 6-7 miles since the head was resurfaced. Head was put back on and driven straight to the dyno.

What do your spark plugs look like? Any speckles?

They have a few hundred miles on them or so but they looked really good when we checked compression once the motor developed a missfire.

Did you retorque the head? You should always run it up to opperating temp for 30 minutes, build some heat in the motor. Let it sit overnight, then pull the valve cover and retorque the head. Do this by starting in the middle, back each bolt off 1/4 of a round to break loose static friction, and do a one sweep motion to the desired torque spec. Without doing this you risk blowing a gasket.

Atleast with the stock head, you dont have to pull the cam(s) to re-torque the head!

Did you retorque the head? You should always run it up to opperating temp for 30 minutes, build some heat in the motor. Let it sit overnight, then pull the valve cover and retorque the head. Do this by starting in the middle, back each bolt off 1/4 of a round to break loose static friction, and do a one sweep motion to the desired torque spec. Without doing this you risk blowing a gasket.

The Fellpro gaskets say "no retorque" right on them so I've never done this. Just curious, I have a few thousand miles on my new motor (with Felpro) and have so far not gone above 8 psi boost, although I plan to soon. Is it too late to retorque the bolts?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wish I had seen this before I sent you a PM. By the way, I am running a Failpro head gasket on 15psi with ARP head bolts. Tomorrow I will try and scan my dyno sheet and post it up, numbers were 290hp and 350.4 ftlbs/tq.(I had one run at 297 hp with a few ft/lbs of torque less) What type of Dyno did you run on?

I feel like this is a noobish question, but why do l28et make more torque than hp??? i though it was usually the other way around. Nice numbers tho

HP = TQ*RPM/5252

Looking at the formula, HP is ALWAYS lees than TQ when the RPM is below 5252. When TQ is larger than HP, it just means that it makes the power at a lower RPM.

dhughes, on 24 February 2010 - 06:53 PM, said:

I feel like this is a noobish question, but why do l28et make more torque than hp??? i though it was usually the other way around. Nice numbers tho

Have you owned a Honda in the past?

97' camery is close to a honda lol