HybridZ

Pre fabbed flexible radiator ducts

I've seen a couple cars with them and they work very well IF there is no other unducted air coming in through the front of the car. They can get blown closed if there's another large air inlet that creates a high pressure area above the flexible duct.

They come with two sheet metal frames to mount it and hold the openings open. But the material tears itself off after only a few races.

Reported this back on the other forum, got a guy saying he's seen a car do over 80 races over 3 years without any problems. If there were problems, the material could be changed out fairly easily.

Gives me two thoughts: 1. Buy this and not have to screw with it. 2. Make a frame out of brake line or something easy to work with, and then skin it with whatever material I want.

Reported this back on the other forum, got a guy saying he's seen a car do over 80 races over 3 years without any problems. If there were problems, the material could be changed out fairly easily.

Gives me two thoughts: 1. Buy this and not have to screw with it. 2. Make a frame out of brake line or something easy to work with, and then skin it with whatever material I want.

True, my friend does have a personal relationship with the wall at many (all) circle tracks he's been to, which would make sense on why his doesn't last.

What about an oil cooler and/or intercooler? The hoses and brackets would be in the way. Still, it probably doesn't have to be air tight, so maybe making your own from scratch with reinforced slits to fit around hoses etc. might be the way to go.