HybridZ

What's a good distributor upgrade/swap?

BluDestiny

I know everyone tends to do teh e12-80 dizzy from the later model z's and zx's and also the crane/petronix upgrades to solid point

What else is out there? I want something that will rev all the way to 8k with no problem.

For some reason, my car kept dying out at 5500 on the dyno today. AFR was good and fuel pressure was good, leads me to believe spark may be the answer to higher reving.

Engine dynoed was a stock 260z with the stock distributor.

found this from google search: http://www.zcar.com/forums/read/1/1857836

I want something that will rev all the way to 8k with no problem.
What are your plans for other engine mods? This comment sounds like you have ambitious plans for the engine in which case you should probably skip those options and go straight to something like EDIS. I doubt the Crane is rated to 8k and am pretty sure the pertronix is not. At 8k rpm there isn't enough time to fully charge a typical coil if it's driving all 6 plugs.

For some reason, my car kept dying out at 5500 on the dyno today. AFR was good and fuel pressure was good, leads me to believe spark may be the answer to higher reving.
Is this with stock points? Quite possible they are starting to float. I rode with a friend who has a 260z with a nice cam and triple webers but stock points which acted as a rev limiter every time he would get near 6k rpm.

The motor is being built currently. Pretty much stock bottom end, but the head is port/polished, stage 4 MSA cam, triple webers, and headers. Also the MSA Alum radiator. E88 head on a L28 bottom

It is stock points, I know I need to upgrade to electrical ignition as I'm probably being limited by the points dizzy