HybridZ

Shaving rubber bumpers on 280zx

MiKeL 260

With all the stupid drivers where I live, I think that rdelats would offer slightly better protection, luvemfast's is sleek and beautiful, but if I get rear ended I want my dollars somewhat protected. To me it just looks like a piece of steel yubing thats been bent to line up with the bumper mounts, possibly welded on, and everything else smoothed out.

Y'know what, here's an example of exactly what you're worried about. Some dumb woman driver (sorry if it's a stereotype, but it just been proven) rear-ended me while I was ALREADY STOPPED at a red light! It was a low-speed collision, but still expensive to have fixed because it's all "one piece" with the rest of the main body now.

car accident 8-9-09 01_thumb.jpg

Ok, the back of your car, minus the dent, is just total radness. I especially like the taillights, although I don't see any reverse lights. Also, what is the badge you have on there?

Thanks! =) For the reverse lights, I used some clear sidemarkers and mounted them on either side of the license plate. They're pretty useless for seeing anything behind me at night, but at least it does the job of warning others that I'm moving back. The badge is a wing emblem with the "Nissan" logo in the middle; sorry, looking through my pics it seems I never bothered taking a close-up pic. ^^

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks! =) For the reverse lights, I used some clear sidemarkers and mounted them on either side of the license plate. They're pretty useless for seeing anything behind me at night, but at least it does the job of warning others that I'm moving back. The badge is a wing emblem with the "Nissan" logo in the middle; sorry, looking through my pics it seems I never bothered taking a close-up pic. ^^

HeatRaveRdid you try to make your car look like the mach 5? I noticed the 5 on the side... pretty sweet