HybridZ

Crazyoctopus 1972 240z build up (long first post)

• 2 weeks later...

Been quite some time, but I just picked u pa new client and have been working all day everyday, And to top it all off to get to his office i get to take a fun windy road, which is surprisingly faster than taking the most direct route.

A couple of days ago on the drive home my car started to overheat, pulled over, let it cool down and limped home. When I got to the house I filled the radiator with some fluid and checked for a leak. couldn't find it for the life of me. Then I started to rev the engine and she spat at me, there was a small pinhole in the outlet for the heater core. So I figured what better time than now to remove it!

before

4708380558_b7b7023aeb_b.jpg

after

4707739167_22c4d59cb0_b.jpg

I have yet to remove the heater core, as I had to head to the office in the morning, but it will happen as soon as I replace the dash. When that happens. i'll make sure to make a new camera mount and get a video that isnt so... cloverfield monsterish.

Any fears of this causing the engine to overheat, or to speed the heating of the engine, were thrown out the window today due to how I was driving to and from the office ;D

xxxpatsabxxx -- I like it quite a bit, not too keen on how it sounds at 2100-2400rpm, but it could be the small exhaust leak right before the muffler or it rattling against a bolt. If your car is as low as mine, hell even at stock height, and you go with the 3-2 header you should cut it before the Y-pipe to suck the exhaust up into the transmission tunnel. I am pretty sure that I posted some photos and a bit of a write up earlier in the thread. And for the money it is really really hard to beat.

• 2 weeks later...

good news bad news.

good news, my new top speed in the 240 is now 84mph.

bad news, at 84 mph my BRE lip nicked some debris (I thought i could clear it, I was wrong) and flew off my car and into the center divider...

So now the question becomes; do I get a new BRE front lip, or do I go a different route?

while I am fully aware of the aerodynamic benefits of going with the type-1 or 2, as well as further visual lowering of the car that it provides; I have to agree with misturmoneybags and datsun723 keep what was on the car.

And misturmoneybags does have a point, I would be Yuta copy if I ran with a type1.

So... I am off to MSA today to pick up the lip.