HybridZ

Crazyoctopus 1972 240z build up (long first post)

Thanks for all of the love! I have been having too much fun fiddling with the car to post anything about it, but hey... better fiddling with the Z than just fiddling with my thumbs...

Last Friday Martin and I made our way down to Yoshifab to pick up the car, and bring her home.

Her first meal with her new heart & brain implant (american lard of 91 octane)

10320837583_0d1e79c00e_c.jpg

First Meal by crazyoctopus, on Flickr

Her first real drive on the street

Look at her pretty tuckus... 

10320648254_ce2cb1c0e6_z.jpg

After some adjustment of parts and tightening of some bolts 'n bolts, I was able to get her to idle at a decent RPM.

This however was a small victory, there was another issue with the, I think, IAC and it is causing her to have a higher than normal idle when warm. It is either that or I need to adjust the TPS, or there is a slight vacuum leak, or maybe my dizzy... I really have no idea at this point. For now I am idling at 1100RPM and I would like it to be 750-900. 

Hopefully Josh will have an answer when I stop by on Friday to patch up an exhaust leak, if not then I'll deal with it after I solve the short that I have in the running lights circuit.

'till next time.

ps. I also strapped on the front lip (FINALLY) and man oh man SEX FACE MCGEE

Edited by crazyoctopus

DOOOOOOOD!!!! This is soooo sick! This was the FIRST Z car build that I found, and it was a huge inspiration to get my start in the Z car game. I'd checked back in a few time but with no updates and now I stumble across it again and I see these fantastic videos! 

Congrats on a super original swap and the excellent documentation. I tip my hat to you sir!

• 4 weeks later...
Hello, Hello, Hello!

Once again I'll be in Austin this year jumping out of my seat and yelling at the automobiles screaming down the track for the race this year. If you are local, or a temporary local from abroad, shoot me a message!

Also I'll be posting photos from the race at day's end again so be sure to check http://www.flickr.com/crazyoctopus"

Edited by crazyoctopus

• 5 months later...