HybridZ

Midget engines

mutantZ

Most likely will. My grandpas midget used to run an esslinger, now its the same idea, its got Maverick block that's built. Its really awesome. I think that this is a great idea. Biggest problem is, these motors are built for non transmission, non starter, no clutch idea. Midgets are push started, the have a torque tube containing the "Drive Shaft" which goes to the rear end and the final (only) drive gear. If you put a transmission on and all, which shouldn't be super hard. You would have to see how the engine performs, since they are designed for short track racing.

Wrong... The Midget Sprints out at Irwindale have Electric Starters as far as i know, (seeing as they spin out and drive them self back to the track.)

Wrong, (sorry to sound like a dick) I have been around open wheel racing since I was a baby, really, a few months old and in the stands. Full sized midgets and sprint cars do not have a clutch or a starter. They have push bumpers, you pull a truck over, click the rear end into gear, push, flip switch, RUMBLE. Mini sprints, Focus powered midgets, Kenyan cars, and (at Irwindale) Silver Crown cars, have clutches and starters. They still don't have a transmission (although I'm not sure about the new Silver Crowns, I don't like them much). I don't know if you know who Steve Kinser is, but I am named after him. My name is Kinser. Like I said, my grandpa owns a midget, my dad owns a sprint car. haha, random that I own a z huh? Overall, there are lots of very similar cars in the sprint/midget area. Some are different. The midget engines you are looking at here (Esslinger) are built for short track push started midgets. Youtube video of Indianapolis Speed Drome and Paragon Motor Speedway (the 2 track my grandpa and dad run at)

the one below is an example of the focus powered midgets (with a starter)

This is regular midgets. My grandpa is involved in the accident at 2:40

To give you the idea of push starting

Sprint Cars at Paragon(dads car is the Harbor Blue #44)

Sorry about all the videos, just trying to give you the Idea. I really love open wheel racing (say its redneck all you want) Like I said, been around it all my life, and after all, I was born in Indiana.