HybridZ

Need help with an S30 or S130? VIN

Rusty Old Z

To skip story read Bolds.

So this summer i was laid off, and well I start going to tons auto swapmeets and the like, and i came across, a young man that was in the Military, he was selling a Faded Orange Datsun he called a Scarab Z, (I doubted it was a real Scarab Z) but it was a well put together, even if it was not a Scarab I would of been a fool to pass it up, I knew that after 35 years finding a real Scarab was a joke, or a dream (Can you ever be the guy who finds the barn kept Shelby or some such phantom car) but I missed the feel of having a sports car, the 240 always reminded me of my P1800 that I had once upon a time so I bought it. Assuming full well Its probabily not a real Scarab.

Long story short, there is no way to verify that i own a real Scarab?

(I had talked with Brian Morrow 30 years ago about buying his Super Scarab but at the time 32k was just too much even for a super car) After talking to the Kid that sold me his Scarab again, he told me, If i was a Z Collector that he had something for me that I would, "love", he told me it was a Bob Sharp Racing Car from mid 72, I didn't really believe my luck, so i Drove out to Ventura to the middle of no where up in the hills, and to my Shock I found the shell of a magical Car, with a Vin that baffles me,

I need help understanding what this Second car was/is VIN is PS-3000147.

I hope to post pictures soon, but let me describe this shell I have its Clearly a Right Hand drive car, it has fiberglass in a few spots in fact there is a pretty banged up sheet that seems to be molded to fit on the bottom covering most of the under carriage (some kind of diffuser i assume). There are no mirrors to speak of on the car (I assume if it was really a race car it would of been a spotter doing lane changes for him). The Hood is missing, the Doors are missing, The rear hatch is missing, and No bumpers.

Is the second car a BSR Car or just an JDM?

Is there a Registry for BSR or BRE cars? is there a way to look it up?

Would a Call to some Mythical support desk with Nissan yield any fruits?

Edited by Rusty Old Z
LACK OF SLEEP.

PS30 00147 is a VIN for a Z432, which should have the DOHC S20 engine.

The 'undercover' you describe would be the production piece on racing cars in the JDM which helped aerodynamics. I believe it was FRP, but having never seen one myself close up, I can't say. It is not called out as FRP in the parts booklet, so it could be steel.

That would obviously be a very early production vehicle as well.

I have a buttload of parts for that car from my time in Japan. Sadly, the proper engine for that car will run you more than total restoration of the chassis to showroom condition. They are unobtanium.

ZSpec (poster here) may be in a position to resurrect that chassis, as he was looking for an early car, and this one would be 'factory lightweight' by virtue of the VIN.

I say, did it have a spare tire well?