HybridZ

Not getting torque...

thetremendoustim

Im not sure whats going on with it, but its giving me all bark and no bite!! It will scream to 5K no problem and the turbo boosts it but its just sooooo sluggish!! I cant get one squeak of the tires to save my life! So here's some technicalities...

no exhaust (but its turbo)

AFM is not exactly tuned

TPS and distributor are kinda okay...

but i mean could one of those be the problem or is just because my 3.36 differential??

yeah should i retorque my headgasket? its a fresh rebuild but they're ARP and i wasnt sure whether to re-torque i mean no oil in my water so far :D...yeah when i get a :oing day off work and the holidays then ill adjust my valve lash i checked it and it was .005 so hopefully i haven't burned them...my brother just got engaged so its intense an ♥♥♥♥ with the family

I have no way of measuring my AFR since Im stock electronics and have a narrowband. Unless someone knows of a way to other than those cheapie rainbow LEDs or color strips...But I did adjust my AFM 5 teeth richer and its pretty pig rich right now. Tomorrow I'm going to adjust the AFM back to its "stock" setting (it had a glued on cover when I got it so Im not sure whats going on with it), try to get my TPS figured out (haynes :D ) and once again adjust my timing...I was adjusting it yesterday and for some reason when I put the throttle down it went UP to 10* btdc instead of down like it should. Anyways I got a questions, can I just run 20* at idle? What is the total timing (max *BTDC) on a L28et?

It IS a fresh rebuild and I will be adjusting my valve lash, but other than the Im pretty sure the timing is spot on, is there any other way to check top end timing?

When I assembled the engine I aligned the camshaft notches in the back with the tower notch, and I made sure the lobes were at 10 and 2, I put my crank at TDC and aligned my shiny chain teeth, that's all there is to it right?

ahhhh so many questions...so much frustration

My cylinder temperatures are remarkably low, I was reading about other peoples temperatures and mine range from 160-180* F... With my head being hotter, just a little note.