HybridZ

RTz

I was forced to the movie not knowing anything about it before I saw it, other than a short preview. I also dint know it was written by James Cameron. The movie was nothing what I thought it was going to be based on a short preview I had seen before hand. I have to say I was very impressed with the movie. It definitely made my top 20 list of movies ive seen. It had a very cool story line, great CGI. I really liked all the small details they added in the movie(to many to list) small EX. would be how whenever they( The NAVI) took a step in the forest the ground would light up.

Basically Going itno the movie I thought it was going to be some dumb animated film about a war between some fantasy charchters and humans, but IMO it was really just a small part of the movie. I would recomend to anyone whom appreciates movies and doesnt just go for comedys or simple action(like Fast and Furious) should go see it.

Also I thought the 3d was going to suck but it actually turned out to be really cool. 3D technology must have improved.

I didn't get to see it in like IMAX 3D but I saw it in 3D, I have one word to describe it: Awesome.

Definately worth seeing and watching again. And again... And again.. But I like movies like that so, yeah. But it's still a good movie even if you dont like scifi, it has alot of action too.

incredible.

I didnt really wanna watch it.. and it blew me away.

and somehow.. the alien chicks are hot lol

lol I said the same thing, I felt weird after saying that during the movie and then seeing that bestiality scene later. Dont worry though, I looked up the actress and she is pretty hot in person haha.

dances with wolves + ferngully. That's pretty much how one explains Avatar. Go see it for visuals, not for the story

Dances With Wolves + Fern Gully + The Last Samurai + District 9 + Dune + others. Face it, you've seen this story many many times before, but you haven't seen visuals like this until you see it in 3D on a big screen.

I saw it in IMAX 3D it was great, some really good visuals I liked the movie it is good in normal and 3D, but 3D is just a whole different animal, I liked the movie it made it pretty high on my list, but not a fan of some of the stereotypes or cliche, such as the Military guy. Otherwise I liked it and I heard there will be more.

I thought it was pretty good. The 3D was pretty cool but by half way through I didn't really notice it anymore, until I saw something on TV when I got home and it looked very...flat.

Like others have said it's a somewhat predictable story line, but still a good story and good story telling with many very cool/unique parts added in to keep it interesting.

Guest Rolling Parts

I saw it in IMAX 3D.

It's fun adventure if the public is willing to once again forget about the physical laws of the universe while at the same time being told how detailed oriented it is. Even natural selection (evolution) takes a serious derailing in the movie (a defense mechanism of luminescence and then hovering in the air at mouth level?). The old "unobtainium" joke is always still good for a laugh though.

Worth the 14 bucks 3D IMAX price to see once.

• Administrators

Previews on TV make the movie look like just another fantasy cartoon aimed at 13 year old kids. We weren’t even interested in spending the money for renting it when it moved off the “new release” shelf at the rental store based on those previews!

Reviews from friends said the 2d version was really good from a visual standpoint, though the story was predictable, not as adolescent as the previews make it out to be, (reminds one of how the Native Americans must have felt...) Then another friend who saw it in 3d said we HAD to see it in 3d, would even pay our way if that’s what it took, so Sunday we loaded up, bought tickets ahead of time for the matinee, $9 a head, got there early for good seats to a sold out theatre!

WOW! Amazing! Going to the movies has always been fun, some films do a pretty good to a really good job of drawing the viewer into the movie and the characters, (quality in production, acting, directing, and editing will do that), this movie in 3d immerses the viewer into the environment to a whole new level. The story itself is predictable, built upon the tried and true Hollywood premise. Good vs Evil, climax is the warmed over main character hand to hand fight scene, boy gets girl, etc… yawn… What makes this different is how the 3d carries you into the environment. The attention to detail regarding the CGI is incredible. A couple of the characters and their roles are a bit wimpy, but it plays out well and fits the movie.

If you saw the movie in 2d and enjoyed it even just a little, you owe it to yourself to go see it in 3d! Trust me! This movie in 3d isn’t just a small step forward in the movie going experience, I truly feel it sets the standard for movies to come, much like the original Star Wars did back in 1977! It’s more of a journey, an experience. Not like a Disney theme ride that is all adrenaline for 60 seconds, this is a lot more intimate, filled with breadth and depth that you don’t get from a 60 second thrill ride or most any other movie you have seen.

All in all, ante up for the 3d, you’ll be glad you did. :2thumbs:

It's definitely a game changer and a milestone in cinematic history, much like Jurassic Park or Star Wars. I enjoyed it, but the talker next to me kept pulling my conscious out of the universe Cameron had created and it was really bugging me.

I saw it finally last night. I loved the movie! The only problem I had was the length of the movie. I cant sit that long very easily because i have a bad back. BUt other than that i thought it was a great movie.

I called what was going to happen a quarter of the way into it though. Even though I knew what was going to happen, the movie still kept me immersed just in the whole world its self. Thinking about it, theres not really any way that hey could have shortened the movie without leaving anything out, so thats fine with me. Can anyone see an avatar part 2 in the works? I think its plausible.