HybridZ

seadoo supercharger

BlueZ31

I found a centrifugal supercharger for $300 rebuilt from a seadoo on ebay, and from the jetskis specs it makes 255hp from a rotax 3cyl 1.5L 4-stroke,and it looks like a belt drive gear could be easily fit on it, could something like this be used on my vg30e powered '87 zx? any input on these superchargers would be greatly appreciated. I know theres a 2x displacement difference but i figured if it could provide 9psi to a smaller engine at far higher rpms it could possibly work on the vg30e. I was planning on using my empty A/C bracket to mount it, and it looks like it may be internally lubricated, but cant find very much info on the supercharger itself other than problems with the ceramic clutch disks, but it seems to only occur at very high rpms which wouldnt be much hassle with a 5500rpm redline im sure.

• 3 weeks later...

I work in the parts department at a Sea-Doo dealership. So ask as many questions as you want because we have one of the best Sea-Doo techs on the East Coast. I do know those superchargers are no good if you run synthetic oil through them and the rebuild kits are about $330.00. Let me know if you have some specific questions about them!

• 1 year later...

I work in the parts department at a Sea-Doo dealership. So ask as many questions as you want because we have one of the best Sea-Doo techs on the East Coast. I do know those superchargers are no good if you run synthetic oil through them and the rebuild kits are about $330.00. Let me know if you have some specific questions about them!

s130z, could you tell us if these things get their oil supply from the engine?

cheers.

Hey,

Not that it really adds to the technical discussion of the seadoo supercharger but, I know and have personally viewed a 240Z with an L28, 3.1 stroker. It has been worked over to receive a STILLEN 370Z supercharger.

The intake appeared to be a BSR/AZ Car 4bbl modified to adapt the supercharger.

This is the supercharger:

http://blog.stillen.com/2010/03/stillen-introduces-515hp-supercharger-for-nissan-370z-infiniti-g37/#more-985

Should be decent.

Regards,

RSC

I found a centrifugal supercharger for $300 rebuilt from a seadoo on ebay, and from the jetskis specs it makes 255hp from a rotax 3cyl 1.5L 4-stroke,and it looks like a belt drive gear could be easily fit on it, could something like this be used on my vg30e powered '87 zx? any input on these superchargers would be greatly appreciated. I know theres a 2x displacement difference but i figured if it could provide 9psi to a smaller engine at far higher rpms it could possibly work on the vg30e. I was planning on using my empty A/C bracket to mount it, and it looks like it may be internally lubricated, but cant find very much info on the supercharger itself other than problems with the ceramic clutch disks, but it seems to only occur at very high rpms which wouldnt be much hassle with a 5500rpm redline im sure.

Could it be used? Yes, with lots of fabrication.

Would it work well? Probably not.

Why don't you just get the turbo parts from a Z31 Turbo, and swap them in to yours? It will be a lot easier, it will be BOLT ON, and you'll get more power out of it and have room to grow.

http://redz31.net/turbofaq/turbo.faq.htm

Another alternative, which only a small few have done, is to get the supercharger off of the Frontier (like someone on here mentioned). Those will "bolt on" but the Frontier's SC is pathetic.

Edited by BLOZ UP